Archived Sbux+Market TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planosss

User friendly.
Calling all TLs who run SBUX+Target Cafe and Market together.
Is there such a position? If so, how much time are you spending as a barista.
Do you think you are successfully running both, or all three?
What are some drawbacks?
Thanks in advance.

I don’t do it but I know someone who does and they’re either never a barista or one day a week. You technically have to do one day a week on average to keep your “barista certification” but it doesn’t always happen. In my opinion the position is great and is how it should be. The TL is spending more time actually leading and overseeing their team and less being an over paid TM. Sure you jump in and help when necessary but I think it’s stupid when target has Starbucks only stores where their Starbucks TLis a barista 5 days a week. How can you expect someone to be a TL like that?

It depends on how strong your teams are & support by your upper mgt, too. Doing fdc, driving sales, attendance, ge, etc.

Calling all TLs who run SBUX+Target Cafe and Market together.
Is there such a position? If so, how much time are you spending as a barista.
Do you think you are successfully running both, or all three?
What are some drawbacks?
Thanks in advance.
The TL at my store is Starbucks, Cafe, and Market, not really a good TL at all honestly but I can’t blame them too much cause they have a LOT on their plate... they’re in Starbucks for a little bit of time every time they’re in the store, but when I work I always cover breaks in both Sbux and Cafe areas, they rarely cover breaks. We also have 2 PAs who are pretty good. I think Market is getting taken away from them in the near future, all of their areas are burning. Constant call-outs/NCNS, leaving early, no coaching, tons of expired product in Market since the team just works on push all day every day, Sbux is constantly out of stuff and the baristas don’t know the recipes for core menu items, etc. All around not so good

Mine does. Shes an animal, one of the strongest leaders in the building. She handled sbux, Food Ave, and market until they strictly made her market. Sbux fell to default, she was brought back and worked sbux a majority of the time til it was green again. Lately she’s been in market but it all depends on having enough sbux TMs or whether our 2 PAs are managing the market team well. It’s not uncommon to see her in both places on the same day.

The biggest draw back is when Steritec does their visits since you own everything. It’s obvious where more time was spent but it’s also the team and ETL food (food and ops at my store) to cover the bases to the TL Can mind the details. If you have a good eye for talent and can build a strong team you’ll look like a rockstar in your store

Just wanted to chime in to say there are even SENIOR TLs with Starbucks, Target cafe, and market. I assume they have to be really organized and they have their teams run each workcenter and then they spend their entire weeks just following up with it. That or there is no time to follow up so the workcenters just crash and burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back