Archived Scan Based Trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone’s store piloting this? My store will be testing it out in early June but have not been told how it work

My previous employer used what they called scan based trading. I don't know if that is what it was exactly or not. Basically vendors like coke, pepsi, bread, chips etc didn't have to have their items scanned in through receiving. Instead payment to vendors was made based on what the store scanned out when sold thru register. The company didn't have any upfront expense tying up revenue.

My previous employer used what they called scan based trading. I don't know if that is what it was exactly or not. Basically vendors like coke, pepsi, bread, chips etc didn't have to have their items scanned in through receiving. Instead payment to vendors was made based on what the store scanned out when sold thru register. The company didn't have any upfront expense tying up revenue.

what about theft?

My store is a pilot. The vendor isn't given enough time in store to adequately replenish everything, we didn't get the SBT fixture for the movies until weeks after it started (still isn't built), some movies that were still supposed to be backstocked weren't (Disney & Sony) and would come in with the SBT movies.

Workbench Daily Download today said this pilot will be rolling out to all stores sometime this year. Hopefully they take stores' feedback into account to fix a few things first.

We did our last entertainment scan and I was curious about how scan based would work. I was talking to the electronics guy and he isn't confident in this. I'm just not looking forward the the MIRS I'll need to do now that we won't be doing entertainment scans anymore.

We did our last entertainment scan and I was curious about how scan based would work. I was talking to the electronics guy and he isn't confident in this. I'm just not looking forward the the MIRS I'll need to do now that we won't be doing entertainment scans anymore.

I'd have to double check with my electronics guy but I believe there won't be many MIRs either (or they'd be fairly small, not like a scan back). With SBT, there are less movies overall. The fixture we got in to hold the movies is only about the size of one of the green racks used in grocery and the movies are supposed to be stocked on it using the skinny white plastic wacos.

Hopefully they take stores' feedback into account to fix a few things first.
At this point I think we all know how the feedback process on pilot programs works...

1. TMs give legitimate feedback
2. STLs and DTLs filter out anything negative because they don’t want to look bad, and pass it on to group leaders
3. Corporate thinks everything is going smoothly and pushes it out to all stores.

Our MMB SBT vendor sucks. She rarely shows up and when she does, it likes 2 hours past store opening. We have to dig through her boxes to find only half the new releases. The other half, we never receive for some reason. As for return scans, it looks like the people who does "inventory" does it now.

I'm not sure what SBT vendor job is. We stock and set most of the stuff ourselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back