Archived Scared I might get terminated ! Help Please! I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got pulled into the office for another coaching once again!

My store right now is super strict on Guest Service, it wasn't like this before, but it all started early January. Our DTL made my STL reinforce this heavily, so a lot of people have already been coached, even people who had worked at Target for really a long time just like me, who never ever had any time of coachings.

As a lot of you know I do cover Beauty some shifts during the week besides my normal hardlines, and even since January I've been pulled into the office at least 6 times. Previous most of them were on my lack of Guest Service, most of them were on to try to improve this. One of those times I was pulled it was over another different problem we had with our outs, and because of this I got a CCA and so my co-worker did.

The reason I'm so scared is because my TL, said that (not really clear here,not sure) that another CCA or coaching would lead to a Final Warning, so it just happens that yesterday the Starbucks TL was the one who pulled me into office, and said how now GS is very important and blah blah blah, and that she did see me addressing most guest , except just two people I missed! This is ridiculous, and it's the second time that they told me that apparently, they're secretly spying on me. I'm starting to feel like they have something against me, or something. I feel harassed constantly with this so much spying and picked on.

My very own TL gave me a DEO on my review, and she said everything I've done during this time is excellent and that I'm a good example for other TM, that is why I'm an Trainer, that STL, DTL and most people that visit our store are very satisfied with the work I'm providing since my store is Role Model store or something like that. She even mentioned that I'm quite noticeable one of the fast stockers in the whole store, and I know how to do almost everything, lastly that my attendance is perfect since I've never called in or come in late. However, she did say that I could just improve my GS.

I really don't want to lose my job, but I feel like my store is going beyond strict. I'm scared as I was already in CCA and got this coaching that was completely unexpected and out of nowhere! I'm honestly addressing guests up to more than once! and some of them even get annoyed because I ask again. I'm also making sure to know what I'm trying to sell like good products and stuff that's one ad and cartwheel. I need advice here please.

Last edited:
I got pulled to get another coaching once again!

My store right now is super strict on Guest Service, it wasn't like this before, but it all started early January. Our DTL made my STL reinforce this heavily, so a lot of people have already been coached, even people who had worked at Target for really a long time just like me.

As a lot of you know I do cover Beauty some shifts during the week besides my normal hardlines, and even since January I've been pulled into the office at least 6 times. Previous most of them were on my lack of Guest Service, most of them were on to try to improve this. One of those times I was pulled it was over another different problem we had with our outs, and because of this I got a CCA and so my co-worker did.

The reason I'm so scared is because my TL, said that (not really clear here,not sure) that another CCA or coaching would lead to a Final Warning, so it just happens that yesterday the Sbucks TL was the one who pulled me into office, and said how now GS is very important and blah blah blah, and that she did see me addressing most guest , except just two people I missed! This is ridiculous, and it's the second time that they told me that apparently, they're secretly spying on me. I'm starting to feel like they have something against me, or something. I feel harassed constantly with this so much spying and picked on.

My very own TL gave me a DEO on my review, and she said everything I've done during this time is excellent and that I'm a good example for other TM, that is why I'm an Trainer, that STL, DTL and most people that visit our store are very satisfied with the work I'm providing since my store is Role Model store or something like that. She even mentioned that I'm quite noticeable one of the fast stockers in the whole store, and I know how to do almost everything, lastly that my attendance is perfect since I've never called in or come in late. However, she did say that I could just improve my GS.

I really don't want to lose my job, but I feel like my store is going beyond strict. I'm scared as I was already in CCA and got this coaching that was completely unexpected and out of nowhere! I'm honestly addressing guests up to more the once! and some of them even get annoyed because of this. I'm also making sure to know what I'm trying to sell like good products and stuff that's one ad and cartwheel. I need advice here please.

Did they tell you what they want you to provide as far as guest service?

Did they tell you what they want you to provide as far as guest service?

She said that I should never miss any guests. I can't even recall missing anybody. She said one of them was in the food area, and the other just passed by the aisle real quick.

Read all what I just wrote. I'm doing apparently very well to even get a DEO and all what my TL said about me. It's just that my store is being super strict on this, I can't even believe they went even as far as spying TMs just to see and spot every minimum failure we have to get us coached, in my case missing two guests!

Beauty had 5 TM and four of them already quit because the pressure our leader are putting on us. Some of them worked for Milani, Sephora, Ulta and they said they did some of we do, but not to this extreme! and never were picked on like the way they were at Target, so basically it's only me and another girl right now

Last edited:
@Joel I only require people smile and if the guest looks confused or apprehensive to ask if they need help. If you're working the front end you need to give good resting retail face. The best way to know that you're giving resting retail face is 4th quarter, if you're stopped and another TM is beside you then it's working.

A simple smile and saying hello will do. If you want to go above hat great. I told my team you don’t need to deliver the same line over and over and over, as Long as you are acknowledging them and greeting them. I always tell my team, even if you think someone isn’t looking, we are. I don’t rule them out, i tell them I am in the same boat, I need to deliver great heat experience, it’s not just team members. It’s the company focus this year, it’s what you have to do. Regardless of what you did in 2017, moving forward, Guest service, guest service, guest service.

A simple smile and saying hello will do. If you want to go above hat great. I told my team you don’t need to deliver the same line over and over and over, as Long as you are acknowledging them and greeting them. I always tell my team, even if you think someone isn’t looking, we are. I don’t rule them out, i tell them I am in the same boat, I need to deliver great heat experience, it’s not just team members. It’s the company focus this year, it’s what you have to do. Regardless of what you did in 2017, moving forward, Guest service, guest service, guest service.
Its stupid.

Between your DEO and the fact that most of your department quit, you should be safe for a while. Hiring and training takes time, not all new trainees will pan out, and beauty is required to be staffed when the store is open. Stay level-headed and if you really need to, talk to one of the ETL's who you're on good terms with.

One possibility: just like you're being pressured to bug the crap out of guests, maybe the TL's are getting a lot of pressure to constantly talk to their TMs about guest servicing.

Straight up, just leave. Find another job. I quit after two months because my TL was trying to find a reason to fire me. The final nail in the coffin was being scheduled outside of my availability on a class day which is noted in the system. They didn't inform me I was being scheduled that day, because they switched truck days due to weather. When I saw it on the schedule the day of, I knew I was going to be terminated for a NCNS. Rather than fighting with the TL who threatened termination, I walked out and never looked back because she was not going to stop. If you have a TL that has a Target (no pun intended) on your head it will never stop. They get off on the power trip to prove their worth in leadership. Frankly, it's disgusting and you deserve to be treated fairly.

Ever since I found this website I have had a profound change of opinion about target and the fine people that work there. Specifically the team members.
It seems like they are more persecuted than the jews during WW2.
The Tactics used by any level of management are akin to the brutal regime of the Nazis.
These team members ,ever so righteous ,are constantly targeted for who they are, Team Members.
Target management has committed human rights abuses, they expect people to follow their rules.
They force people to come to work, and actually work.
They are also to be blamed for all the evil in this world.
The TMs are so saintly and gentle yet they are the ones on the hook and chopping block all the time.
Target is evil and the FORCE people to work for them. They FORCE all of us to punch in.
THEY FUCKING FORCE US.!!

Ever since I found this website I have had a profound change of opinion about target and the fine people that work there. Specifically the team members.
The Tactics used by any level of management are akin to the brutal regime of the Nazis.
These team members ,ever so righteous ,are constantly targeted for who they are, Team Members.
Target management has committed human rights abuses, they expect people to follow their rules.
The TMs are so saintly and gentle yet they are the ones on the hook and chopping block all the time.
Target is evil and the FORCE people to work for them. They FORCE all of us to punch in.
THEY FUCKING FORCE US.!!

To say the least, I’m seeing a trickle down effect where the leadership punches down until they hit TMs. In which case the TMs take ALL of the workload, responsibility, and blame.

Why work harder yourself when you can brutalize the lowest on the totem pole?

It seems like they are more persecuted than the Jews during WW2.
These team members, ever so righteous, are constantly targeted for who they are: Team Members.
Target is evil and they FORCE people to work for them. They FORCE all of us to punch in.
THEY FUCKING FORCE US!!
FIFY

I have everything documented. I even record my TLs ans ETLs every time I'm pulled to the office.

I was told to call the hotline since the proof that I have can get their asses in trouble. I want to do it because I don't want more coachings for performance.So you see these people are really crazy and dumb, so they expect only Beauty Team to be done by 11am (this means push our truck, ask for TLs to bring the mobile metro cosmetic backroom, and work all that backstock.) and from 11am to close is ALL Guest Service and selling.

Not only that, we used to come in at 8am, so at least we had three hours to finish sometimes depending on how big the trucks were. If we don't finish all of it gets put in the backroom, so we can work it the next morning. Now ever since last week, they now changed it to 9am, so now we only have two hours to work truck + backstock which is impossible, we are a big volume store, therefore our trucks are big most of the times.

Our two mobile cosmetics cart are almost full, so hardly we can't backstock anything. If we don't push our stuff and backstock it, of course our outs and research will be all wrong!

Now every day all cosmetics push and backstock are accumulating more and more, so I took pictures as evidence if I decide to call the hotline. They're two flats of repacks and boxes, plus a tub with more repacks, 2 carts full of backstock. I think I'll do it, one of the cosmetics vendors is good friends of mine, so I ask him to help report these people too, so he's going ahead with it since my store is failing to push merchandise and sell the product and its just saving it in the back.

Documentation means nothing and I don't know why people here say do it

Any disgruntled TM can just write a notebook full of BS. If you don't have footage, of target written documents it's just a case of he said she said

THEY FUCKING FORCE US.!!
To say the least, I’m seeing a trickle down effect where the leadership punches down until they hit TMs. In which case the TMs take ALL of the workload, responsibility, and blame.

Why work harder yourself when you can brutalize the lowest on the totem pole?
buddy, spot is going to be paying 15/hr in two years, that’s good money for starters.
However they cant be paying this money to Fuc**ing zombies who punch in and punch out.
What I see is a trial period, to determine who is worth 15/hr.
Lets face it ,the work is not exactly rocket science. It is totally doable. All it requires is a little bit of pride in your work. A desire to go above and beyond.
Nowadays people don’t take pride in their work. Thats why they blame, bitch and complain.

THEY FUCKING FORCE US.!!
I feel the same since I discovered this site. Target is becoming a modern day slavery role model and some of the execs mentioned here are going beyond extreme with the whole guest service bullshit. It seems more like they are picking on certain TMs when they are becoming too expensive for them, leadership decides to put pressure on you with all the crap that you get stressed out that you can't take it anymore and just stop showing up to work

Be brave. The leaders are probably going to get swapped out with those from another Target. Try to call the hotline

And by not missing any guests, how are you going to provide "guest service" to 3 guests at the same time scattered apart. Secretly watching you seems more like stalking.

... so they expect only Beauty Team to be done by 11am (this means push our truck, ask for TLs to bring the mobile metro cosmetic backroom, and work all that backstock.) and from 11am to close is ALL Guest Service and selling.

... Now every day all cosmetics push and backstock are accumulating more and more, so I took pictures as evidence if I decide to call the hotline. They're two flats of repacks and boxes, plus a tub with more repacks, 2 carts full of backstock. I think I'll do it, one of the cosmetics vendors is good friends of mine, so I ask him to help report these people too, so he's going ahead with it since my store is failing to push merchandise and sell the product and its just saving it in the back.
Does your ETL-Log know how behind you guys are getting each truck?

Are you specifically told NOT to push a little in between guests? You know, just one cart out at a time, chipping away at it..?

Does your ETL-Log know how behind you guys are getting each truck?

Are you specifically told NOT to push a little in between guests? You know, just one cart out at a time, chipping away at it..?

Yes, the ETL-Log knows and he doesn't do shit about it, and no, they won't let us do any sort of tasks after 11am. If we do, we get coached for failure to provide guest service. ETLs constantly walk the area to make sure all we're doing is just Guest Service nothing else no pulls, research zoning etc etc

Last edited:
Yes, the ETL-Log knows and he doesn't do shit about it, and no, they won't let us do any sort of tasks after 11am. If we do, we get coached for failure to provide guest service. ETLs constantly walk the area to make sure all we're doing is just Guest Service nothing else no pulls, research zoning etc etc

That makes no goddamn sense whatsoever.

This is literally company-wide. Any store not doing this is not on process. All tasks in beauty should stop by 11 and the focus be only on guests. Whether any of us agree with it or not, it’s not coming from your direct leaders, but from the top of corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back