Archived Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my first day of training (and first day of working ever) for hardlines the other day and it was way more stressful than I thought it would be. I felt like I let my trainer down, but I wish they would have repeated things over and over (because I was so nervous and would blank out) and been more encouraging. But once I know where everything is located I know I will go great!

Welcome!
We were all in the same position at one point. That's why you have a trainer. A good trainer would prefer you ask questions or double check if you're unsure about something, that's part of their job. Good luck!:)

Congratulations on your first job. I'm sorry your first day was stressful for you. There is definitely a lot to learn at first. Ask your trainer to repeat things if that's how you learn best. And be sure to ask lots of questions. Sometimes, trainers can forget how much there is to learn, and how overwhelmed they were on their first day. Also, you can read posts here and ask questions. There is an awful lot of experience here.

I had my first day of training (and first day of working ever) for hardlines the other day and it was way more stressful than I thought it would be. I felt like I let my trainer down, but I wish they would have repeated things over and over (because I was so nervous and would blank out) and been more encouraging. But once I know where everything is located I know I will go great!

Good mind set. Ask questions if you are unsure. Your trainer won't expect you to have it all down on day 1.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

As a hard lines member aswell, I was very similar the first day. I was clueless as to what to do, and was scared of asking questions because I had a TL training me in and didn't want to see dumb. If people are training you in they're expecting questions. When training no question is stupid, ask away if you're confused.

Welcome to Target and welcome to The Break Room.

Coming from a former Hardlines TM, my best advice is to do your best to calm yourself down when stressed, and remember, it's just retail at Target. Things can absolutely get stressful, but try not to let it dig at you too much. There will always be bigger things to worry about elsewhere in life! Secondly, dont feel bad about being confused or like you "let someone down" on your first training day. Training days are just that, for training. We all had to start some place, and nobody with a reasonable mind would expect you to know how to do everything right off the bat. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how big or small. It's better to ask and get a good answer than to assume. Any good trainer that cares about their job or store will be understanding and willing to help. If you still aren't sure after speaking to your team members in your store, you can always ask us here on TBR. Combined, we've all got years of experience :)

Best of luck to you!

Enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back