Archived Schedule Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,

Last week, i was supposed to be trained on Guest Services according to online schedule; However, in the store, they put me as Cashier above my schedule. So I did not even get train for Guest Services.

Also, I need help for proper etiquette for walkie talkie. Ex: I need alcohol check on lane 7 or GSTL/LOD, I need alcohol check on lane 7.

Price check: I need a price check on an item, please transfer to channel 2 or 3.

Are these correct way to do it or is there a better way?

Please help :)

In my store, “Guest Services Training” on your schedule could mean training cashier or something upfront. Sometimes it even means sales floor training, which is rare but it still happens. We even had someone training for 239 under “Guest Services Training”.

you arent actually meant to say you need help with either an alcohol sale or needing change over channel one. our store gets yelled at for that so they usually just ask for the gstl to go to a different channel then ask or just straight up put on your blinker and wait for some help. try not to call the LOD to a checklane, thats what the gstl is for so get them and if they need something then they can call the LOD, the LOD has more important things to do.
but usually what i say is "hey GSTL can you go to *channel*" or "Hey GSTL can you come down to checklane 7"
for price checks also call over the gstl, if you need someone on the floor to help after that be like "Hey *department* can you go to *channel*" and once they are on the channel go like "hey are you able to check a price for me i have the DPCI here, let me know if you are ready"
i probs forgot a lot so if you need anything im here but thats about it.
In my store, “Guest Services Training” on your schedule could mean training cashier or something upfront. Sometimes it even means sales floor training, which is rare but it still happens. We even had someone training for 239 under “Guest Services Training”.
yea everyone in the front is a Guest Service Team Member, like cashiers are and so are Service Desk TMs

Don't call the LOD over to your checklane, ever. If the situation calls for the LOD, your GSTL/GSA will call them over. If you need something from your GSTL/GSA, just put your blinker on or say "GSTL/GSA, can you come over to checklane [x]". I personally wouldn't say over the walkie that the guest is purchasing alcohol, because I don't feel like that's something that needs to be broadcast to the whole team.

At my store, we're empowered to do price changes up to $20 no questions asked. Since you're new, I'd suggest getting your GSTL/GSA for price changes until you learn what your store's policy is. Since it's likely a significant different anyway, you'll need supervisor authorization to actually do the price change so you'll need to get the GSTL/GSA. Some GSTL/GSAs actually use MyAlerts on a MyDevice to see which cashiers need help, some rely on actually being told that you need help. There's a "HELP" button on the keyboard, but my store doesn't use it.

If you need to have somebody on the floor grab an item for you, you could say "Hey can somebody in [softlines/beauty/electronics/hardlines/market] please respond?" Have them switch to a different channel. Please do not have conversations longer than a yes/no answer on channel 1. When they're ready, they'll ask you for the DPCI. That stands for DePartment Class Item, and it looks like this: xxx-yy-zzzz.

oh also: please don't press the additional assistance button. most of the time we don't ACTUALLY need additional assistance and you'll just annoy everyone.

Last week, i was supposed to be trained on Guest Services according to online schedule;

There are only five trainings you can schedule a team member for. Guest service training, sales floor training, food trainin, logistics training and simply training. Guest service training can be anything from cashier, cart attending, service desk etc...

ASANTS. At my store, cashiers often have walkies (and MyDevices, if we can manage to find one) because we run reshop during slow periods, and it takes time to return equipment when called back to the lanes.

That said, I agree that the proper protocol is to turn your light to flash so as to get the attention of GSTL/GSA, set aside the item under discussion, and keep doing as much as you can until that person arrives.

I always lol when cashiers get credit for selling a red card, the appropriate ETL says congratulations, and none of them have walkies.

I always lol when cashiers get credit for selling a red card, the appropriate ETL says congratulations, and none of them have walkies.

Yeah, but there's usually someone from the floor running a register so we hear most of the walkie chatter.

Along with guests who think "WTF? They brag about selling red cards?"

There are only five trainings you can schedule a team member for. Guest service training, sales floor training, food trainin, logistics training and simply training. Guest service training can be anything from cashier, cart attending, service desk etc...

I was scheduled under guest service training once - to fill up endcaps all around the store for 8 hours on a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back