Archived Scheduled a 5hr shift what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a 5 hour state or a 6 hour state? If it’s a 5 hour state, take both a 15 and a meal. If you’re in a 6 hour state, just take a 15. Based on that shift length I would assume you’re in a 6 hour state, but I could be wrong.

a 5hr state. my shift is 1:15 till 7:30 so my 1st 15 min would be 3:15 till 3:30 and then a lunch break at 5:15 and then no break just work till 7:30 correct?
Something like that. I'd have to check the poster but I don't think a second 15 kicks in till 7hrs or more.

If you ever get scheduled 5.5 hrs (5hr plus lunch) you can always ask the lod if you can skip lunch and just watch your time to be under 5hrs. They do this to our closers all the time since they work 5pm to 10pm. I would just clock in at 4 past and clock out before 10 or leave at 10 till. Taking a lunch in a short shift just feels silly.

My state, 6 hours, just the pathetic 15 min. break.
I am so dreading tomorrow with a 5.75 the day before the Super Bowl.

I have a six hour shift tomorrow where I have lunch from 4-4:30, come back for 30 minutes, then leave at 5!
RkrwQ_s-200x150.gif

I have a 5.25 shift in a 5 hour state. We’ll see how my lunch is planned.

My state has no laws whatsoever regarding breaks for employees 18 and older. We don’t take meal breaks unless we’re scheduled 6 or more hours.

If I have anything over 5 hours but less than 6 (5 hour state) I’ll just ask if I can go home at the 4.75 hour mark and no one has ever said no

thanks everyone I think my best plan is to ask hr or my team lead or the LOD that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back