Archived Scheduled against availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so recently I found out that I’m scheduled a closing shift this Sunday (4PM-12AM & another closing Monday :rolleyes:) usually I do morning shifts Sundays, so I’m quite surprised of the change. The problem is I can’t make it for my shift Sunday bc I have tutoring sessions and I also have to wake up 6AM for school...unfortunately I still have a week left until my 90 days are over (I’m scheduled passed my 90 so I guess they kept me???) & I already called out once and came to work late twice. Will it be a problem if I call out again bc I couldn’t find anybody to take my shift?

Seems like whoever is doing my schedule is trying to make me do another closing Sunday next week :mad:

You need to get on a store computer and check your availability. If your not available just tell them you can not work that shift. If you are available you must work the shift or find someone to cover and get Etl approval for the coverage. No store should schedule you against your availability, that is their bad and their problem.

How recently is recently? If you knew you cant work Sunday evenings and the schedule for that day would have been out at least a week, you should have said so once it came out. At my store if you tried telling HR or your TL this late they would cut you no slack for waiting so long.

You shouldn't be scheduled against your availability so that is whoever did your schedule's bad, but at the same time you shouldn't wait so long to speak up about it. Still try talking to HR they might be able to find someone last minute.

How recently is recently? If you knew you cant work Sunday evenings and the schedule for that day would have been out at least a week, you should have said so once it came out. At my store if you tried telling HR or your TL this late they would cut you no slack for waiting so long.

You shouldn't be scheduled against your availability so that is whoever did your schedule's bad, but at the same time you shouldn't wait so long to speak up about it. Still try talking to HR they might be able to find someone last minute.

Yeah I know, I completely own up for waiting this long. It’s rlly hard finding someone to listen to me bc I’ve tried talking to HR about my situation w school months prior of any of this but that was never resolved which lead to me calling out that one time and it seems two ETL are in control of scheduling TM’s shifts and I’ve tried talking to one of them but ended with a “It’s the other ETL in control of your schedule so not my problem” line and I haven’t seen the other one lately

You should of find someone to cover your shift & talk to hr, without delay. Spot might not like you on this matter & cut your hours.

My availability ends at 10 but sometimes I’ll be scheduled until like 10:15. 11:00. So annoying. It’s like they’re scheduling me like that just to dig at me or something lol like not enough to where I can reasonably call out but just enough to bother me

My availability ends at 10 but sometimes I’ll be scheduled until like 10:15. 11:00. So annoying. It’s like they’re scheduling me like that just to dig at me or something lol like not enough to where I can reasonably call out but just enough to bother me

Rather than call out I would ask to leave at the end of my availability. As someone who has scheduled someone out of their availability before it's usually just an honest mistake and I will do anything to fix it even if it means moving someone around

Last edited:
Now that you are no longer a minor, they likely expect you to close.

Firmly remind them, especially if you are still a minor.

You should of find someone to cover your shift & talk to hr, without delay. Spot might not like you on this matter & cut your hours.
Nvm I got it covered, it wasn’t that I couldn’t work Sunday it’s just that I couldn’t close so I asked if I could work in the morning like how Ive usually been doing it for the past couple months and they were ok with it

If you’re a minor (correct me if I’m wrong @HRZone) but mytime won’t let you/gives a big red flag if you’re past 9:45.

Correct. In my state it won't even let you save the shift in mytime if it breaks minor rules.

Although, some HR team members set the minor team member as an emancipated minor because otherwise mytime wont allow you to schedule them for a 7.5 hour shift during a weekday there is no school (like Christmas)

No I’m not a minor anymore, but I never said I could close bc I have early morning class every single day, I honestly would close if I could but I literally can not be getting 3-4 hours of sleep every single night and doing 16 hour days every day

No I’m not a minor anymore, but I never said I could close bc I have early morning class every single day, I honestly would close if I could but I literally can not be getting 3-4 hours of sleep every single night and doing 16 hour days every day

Then just remind them, repeatedly if you have to. You were hired with that availability...meaning they were ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back