Archived Scheduling Outside Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the same availability for the past nine months or so. I've blocked out one day in the middle of the week because I have a recurring event that day.

At first I wasn't getting scheduled for that day then suddenly I was getting scheduled for it a lot. I would always bring it to someone's attention and they would always just tell me to put it in the swap book. Someone always took it but it really sucked at the beginning of the year when everyone was getting so few hours and I had to give up full eight hour shifts. Plus just putting it in the swap book wasn't a long term solution. Then it didn't happen for several months and now it is happening again.

I don't think they are trying push me into quitting because I get hours on other days (normally more than the average team member) and they have asked me to learn a new work area recently. I haven't been scheduled in that new work area on my off day, just regular sales floor shifts on that day.

It just seems weird. Someone told me that it might be because they know it isn't for another job or for school so they think I can change my plans. I'm wondering if other people have had this issue and if you have any suggestions so I won't be scheduled outside of my availability.

Yeah they were going past my availability for months even though it was approved on ehr. Go back in resubmit it with a note saying "please follow my availability" that's what I had to do and if they still did it go up to them everytime you're on there and have them change it in front of you. It annoys them but eventually they will stop. I've been fine ever since. You shouldn't have to swap board it everytime because they're not paying attention.

Apparently, there is a box you need to check when you are changing availability...that this is a permanent change. Idk but like Glitterberries, I had the same issue several times and I would leave a handwritten note on the HRTL's computer as well as change it in EHR with another note. I know some TM's just call out on those days bc they clearly shouldn't be scheduled so mgmt realizes they need to get their act together. It's not a perfect system, for sure.

What do you mean change it in front of you? My availability on eHR is correct or do you mean something else?
She means taking you off for that shift. Some stores will try and hold you accountable for a nc/ns if the swap board doesn't get it filled. Even if it was against your availability.

When our schedule comes out or I notice a shift on my one unavailable day I also immediately get someone to change it in the system. Because I've been there long enough they need to remove that day and figure out what other day they can put it on. I'm not losing 8hrs because they can't schedule.

Talk to your etl-hr and hrtm and check your availability with them.

She means taking you off for that shift. Some stores will try and hold you accountable for a nc/ns if the swap board doesn't get it filled. Even if it was against your availability.

I don't think they will actually do that at my store. Are there any kind of 'magic words' that help when you ask them to remove the shift when it is outside your availability?

I had requested a weekend off for a big family event and it was approved like four months in advance and then I was given a shift that weekend. I was told to put it in the swap book and every time I worked for the next week and a half I told them no one was taking it and asked them to take it off on the computer, but everyone I spoke to said they couldn't do that until someone took it. I assumed that was normal procedure as I had only worked there for a couple months at that point. But I ended up being a nc/ns and then they afterwards they wouldn't change it so I officially have the nc/ns on my record. I was told since my attendance is very good that nc/ns won't matter, but still kind of bothers me.

Then another time when I was given a shift on that day I am always unavailable and I was told once again to put it in the swap book and no one took it. I kept asking them to take me off for that shift and I even told them that I had a nc/ns in the past because I had requested off and no one took the shift. But every time they said they couldn't do that until someone else picked it up in the swap book. I'm not sure if I was a nc/ns that time because they never spoke to me about that shift.

I'd try 'Please' first.

I've always been polite when asking although I cannot remember if I specifically used the word please. But I'm sure by the end I sounded frustrated. I'm working tomorrow so I'll give it another try.

Who is allowed to change the schedule? In the past I've spoken to several different ETLs, a couple people in HR, and the Sr. Team Lead about the scheduling issues depending on who is around during my shift.

Edit -- a word

You can talk to whomever you think will be most agreeable with you. The HRTM and anybody TL or higher should have access to go in and delete a shift. I have had my TL do it before.

I'd try 'Please' first.

I've always been polite when asking although I cannot remember if I specifically used the word please. But I'm sure by the end I sounded frustrated. I'm working tomorrow so I'll give it another try.
If that doesn't work, try "Please do your JOB, b*tch!"
/jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back