Archived SCO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

slegab21

Self Checkout Junkie
We got our schedules for the week of the 30th today. On one of my shifts, the time is listed, the position (cashier), and then it says SCO. Does anyone have any clue what this means?

Yep, you're supposed to be overseeing self-checkout.
You should have keys (to open the machine if need be for adding change or receipt tape), a speed slip (to scan overrides) & a walkie.
You're supposed to trouble-shoot problems, watch for BOB (missed items on the Bottom Of Basket) & be a presence.
Sometimes you might have to take a guest to a nearby checklane for problems like trying to check out with an item that requires ID or coupons that don't work, etc.

Last edited:
Yep, you're supposed to be overseeing self-checkout.
You should have keys (to open the machine if need be for adding change or receipt tape), a speed slip (to scan overrides) & a walkie.
You're supposed to trouble-shoot problems, watch for BOB (missed items on the Bottom Of Basket) & be a presence.
Sometimes you might have to take a guest to a nearby checklane for problems like trying to check out with an item that requires ID or coupons that don't work, etc.

Oh wow! Do all cashiers get shifts like this once in a while? Sounds manageable but seems like it's coming out of nowhere as I've never even helped out guests/other team members with self checkout. I guess I'll see how it goes! Thank you SO much for the info!!

Well said. Depending on your store you may also be asked to still bug people about a red card.
At our store the SCO host has to bug every single guest about the red card.

Last edited:
My shifts every monday/friday say SCO but they always stick me on a lane.. lame.

My permissions are different at my store. We can print a Speed-ID or print an Operator's Barcode from the SCO POS and we get a walkie if someone gives us a walkie or we remember to grab one. We can't load coin into the machine at all, we must call the GSTL/GSA over to do it for us. We're not given a special set of keys.

Just a walkie occassionally + Speed ID or Operator's Barcode.

I haven't seen any language options with the update. Was there one for the old software?

I know when you set something on the scanner scale my SCO says "Choose a language and press begin" but fail to see the language option... or I'm just not looking enough.

Do you have the update? Also, do you mean it reads, select a language? Ours are silent now.

I'm not sure if it's been rolled out company wide yet, but our SCO (aka "assisted" checkout) can now accept IDs. I used to speed weave people with a few items, particularly age restricted items, to SCO. That was before I was called a racist after the guest felt I accused them of stealing. Go figure.

I'm not sure if it's been rolled out company wide yet, but our SCO (aka "assisted" checkout) can now accept IDs. I used to speed weave people with a few items, particularly age restricted items, to SCO. That was before I was called a racist after the guest felt I accused them of stealing. Go figure.
Do we have to go into store mode to accept them?

If someone is buying like nicotine gum or whatever it is or like cold medicine the light will turn red and the screen will say "a team member is coming to check your ID" and then I have to log into store mode, scan their ID, and then go back to self checkout mode.

If someone is buying like nicotine gum or whatever it is or like cold medicine the light will turn red and the screen will say "a team member is coming to check your ID" and then I have to log into store mode, scan their ID, and then go back to self checkout mode.
That's nice. It tells the guest what it wants instead of just "need information".

I do like the cute little ™ icon it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back