Archived Screw this

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hired on full time a couple weeks ago and have completed 6 days in Presentation with little to no training. TL comes in and asked if I would be willing to go to three days a week. I explained that I could not pay my bills on that, she said sorry but that will be the hours I can give you...I said sorry but I’m not willing to starve and walked.....

So hired on full time a couple weeks ago and have completed 6 days in Presentation with little to no training. TL comes in and asked if I would be willing to go to three days a week. I explained that I could not pay my bills on that, she said sorry but that will be the hours I can give you...I said sorry but I’m not willing to starve and walked.....
With modernization Plano is going away so you should be happy with some hours then no job

Three days in October will probably become four hours in January. Interviewers need to be clearer about hours during interviews and not promise things they can’t deliver. Run like the wind and never look back! Hope you find a job with hours you can live on. Unfortunately it won’t be at Target. Good Luck🍀

Even though you might get more hours the next couple months, you need long term stability. With all the changes and cutthroat practices that are seeing more and more long term employees leaving, it is probably for the best. Good luck on your next adventure.

Last edited:
My store is only hiring people with open availability for seasonal. Hard to have a second job.
Thats the plan. Spot wants seasonals (well, everyone really) to be available at the drop of a hat when it gets busy or when work gets behind. Saves payroll by underscheduling instead of scheduling enough people in the first place, and eliminates the problem of having overscheduled for a slow day. Like that ever happens anymore...😏😂

Don't go to work at Target expecting your paycheck to pay all your bills. Spot is a part-time gig. You'll probably need a 2nd job to be financially secure.
The store I used to work at as a cashier always gave 30ish hours a week, plus two calls a week on your days off asking you to come in, and at least one day a week you would be asked to stay past your shift end time. This was how it was up until three years ago when I left (the store was closed down two years ago). Sad how times have changed.

With modernization Plano is going away so you should be happy with some hours then no job
I seriously do not understand why someone should be expected to "be happy" when expectations are discussed prior to hiring and the reality is that this is never going to happen. Target should be straight with potential employees and tell them that they are expected to be available for any shift, every day and will get fewer hours than was ever discussed. Oh yeah... "that's retail". NO, it's not. I have worked in a retail setting for more than 40 years. That's Target and it's just not right. Be happy? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back