Sears to liquidate

PassinTime

Scan & Bag Expert
Actually, Eddie's revised bid has been accepted. He'd like to proceed with about 450 stores. With that said, his latest bid has several parties objecting to it.

So at this point Sears/KM is still a thing.

phibot

When in doubt, vendor it out
Honestly what's the point in the effort to save Sear's? Even if they keep it on life support, what chance does the company have of recovering? I haven't been to a Sear's or Kmart in years

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
At this point, someone needs to drive wooden stakes through the hearts of Sears and Kmart.

Last edited:

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Sears was the quintessential department store offering clothing, jewelry & accessories, furniture, appliances, housewares, plumbing, home improvement, tools & hardware, automotive, sporting goods, yard & garden - you name it, they had it.
They even sold pre-fab home kits until 1940.
The irony of their current situation is they (along with Montgomery Wards, Watkins & others) started out as a mail order business shipping parcels out to rural areas far from town.
Even when brick & mortar stores were flourishing, they maintained their catalog base.
You'd think that as Amazon began to gain popularity they could've been building up a hefty on-line presence based on catalog clientele but it was too little too late.

NKG

Trouble is a friend of mine....
I went into a sears last year and I was the 1 out of 5 people in there

HRZone

ETL HR
Their appliances are super overpriced, I thought I was going to get a washer and dryer for cheap because it's a ghost town but many of their merchants are unhappy with them. (Probably because they can't sell stuff) -- much cheaper to get appliances at Costco or the like.

Counting down until their liquidation sales.

Kartman

MasterBlaster
As someone who grew up in the 60's, it saddens me to see this happen. Sears credit helped my parents to maintain a family... :(

I wish they sears had fine jewelry departments so I can go to however many stores in my 50m area (8 or so) and snatch up some good watches, bracelets, necklaces, and rings for cheap........But no, they have mostly shit.