Archived Seasonal Electronics switched to Visual Merchandising? Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

targetlady101

Beauty TM Trainer
Hi Everyone,

I just started working for Target 2 months ago as a seasonal employee. I normally rotate between Electronics and Hardlines shifts.

I noticed that 2 weeks from now, I have two shifts as a visual merchandiser...is that normal? My parents think they are grooming me for another position when my seasonal time is up and I do have a background in design so it makes sense. Has anyone else seen anything like this before or has it happened to you?

If you ever get scheduled in something you don't recognize, ask someone. It may not mean anything; it may mean something that is not indicated by the work center. They spread hours around in weird work centers all the time so it's always a good idea to check in and confirm.

Did you find out what it is you'll be doing? A whole shift spent on aggravated gifting would drive me around the bend. HATE those things.

Hi Everyone,

I just started working for Target 2 months ago as a seasonal employee. I normally rotate between Electronics and Hardlines shifts.

I noticed that 2 weeks from now, I have two shifts as a visual merchandiser...is that normal? My parents think they are grooming me for another position when my seasonal time is up and I do have a background in design so it makes sense. Has anyone else seen anything like this before or has it happened to you?

Are you keyed in as Electronics? Because I’m pretty sure you can’t be “seasonal” Electronics...

At least I hope not because I was hired in October as Electronics and didn’t sign a seasonal addendum

Did you find out what it is you'll be doing? A whole shift spent on aggravated gifting would drive me around the bend. HATE those things.

Yeah it was for the photo booth and not gifting thank goodness!

Are you keyed in as Electronics? Because I’m pretty sure you can’t be “seasonal” Electronics...

At least I hope not because I was hired in October as Electronics and didn’t sign a seasonal addendum

I interviewed for the Electronics position. My store doesn't have any strictly electronics seasonal people, but quite a few electronics/Hardlines team members. My addendum says electronics/hardlines.

Seasonal electronics and beauty aren't allowed at the higher pay rate. You can schedule a hardlines person as electronics and beauty though

So it was allowed before the pay raise? Why did they interview for electronics then? I' m so confused.

So it was allowed before the pay raise? Why did they interview for electronics then? I' m so confused.

They probably wanted you to do the electronics interview to test your knowledge.

What's your pay rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back