Archived Seasonal Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of applying for a seasonal position too. I worked last holiday season as a seasonal and was a regular TM the year before.
Seems that alot of the changes the past year have driven out a lot of my former TMs so I'm a bit hesitant.

Thanks guys! When I left Spot two years ago as GSA, I was tired of dealing with some of the BS going on at the time. I'm sure not much has changed unfortunately, but again, this would just be a side job during the holidays to make some extra money. I think I'm gonna go in for the October hiring event.

My store won't hire minors.

There is a reason for this.

Most states don't allow them to open or close. Their hours are limited during school so they can't extend.

Very few are reliable.

The 24/7 availability we are much more flexible with during q4

There is a reason for this.

Most states don't allow them to open or close. Their hours are limited during school so they can't extend.

Very few are reliable.

The 24/7 availability we are much more flexible with during q4

The sad fact is that teenagers can be amazing employees.
I ran a restaurant where a good number of the staff were teenagers and it's not that hard.
Yes, you have to make sure you are following the law which really isn't that difficult.
The main thing is that you have to adapt your management style.
Teenagers aren't motivated the same way or by the same things as adults.
But if you treat them with respect and consistency they will walk through fire for you
There is a reason so many places like to use kids as soldiers.

Over the years we've had quite a few minors at my SB/FA because we close 2 hrs before the rest of the store, well before the cut-off time.
Some have been related to other TMs, some referred by friends.
Many have been great & this is their first job.
The team regards them as little brothers/sisters & don't let them get run over by rude guests.

Over the years we've had quite a few minors at my SB/FA because we close 2 hrs before the rest of the store, well before the cut-off time.
Some have been related to other TMs, some referred by friends.
Many have been great & this is their first job.
The team regards them as little brothers/sisters & don't let them get run over by rude guests.

Agreed we have 5 minors at my store and all of them work circles around the others 4 are cafe and Starbucks which is a good controlled environment for a minor.

@commiecorvus I totally agree, the problem is we strike out on minors way more than we hit.

The last 2 minors my store hired applied and we turned them down. They came into the store to meet face to face. I was impressed by their persistence and we offered them interviews which they knocked out of the park and got hired

I am one of the v few minors at my store but barely anyone knows they all think I'm like 21 they get so surprised when I say I'm under 18. They say it's because I a) do my makeup really well and b) just don't act like a minor

Both of my pushers at night at under 18 and they're good kids, a little too chatty sometimes but not bad, shit 3/4 of the store at night is probably below 21 for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back