Seasonal Hiring Event Weekends 2020

Has anyone heard when the seasonal hiring event weekends will be held this year?

During the past few years, they held one during a weekend in September, October, and November.

I’m not sure we’ll have them with the push for social distancing. We’ll probably just have hiring goals to meet by key dates. Last year we had hiring events in July and August (for BTS/BTC) and September, October, and November for seasonal.

Fingers crossed for this anyways..🤞

This year has more transfers than I’ve ever seen before, both coming and going. And talking to stores, literally all across the country, This phenomenon isn’t just happening to us. I want the dust of August to settle before I think about September.

But the schedule we posted today has inventory, moved trucks, 5 transfers coming on board, a reinstate, and 3 retuning from LOA. With that whole hot mess we still posted before noon. HR needs a little break sometimes, and we haven’t had one since March 14. We’re good waiting until October to host a mass hiring event.

Edit: Forgot to mention we’re at a ULV and our headcount is only about 108ish. That’s everyone; all TMs, TLs, Support, and Executives. Gaining all of those people in one week when we have to ~remember~ the shifts they have while also losing 4 TMs to transfer made the schedule a doozy. And HR for us is my ETL and me. Is it the weekend yet? 😂

Last edited:
I’m not sure we’ll have them with the push for social distancing. We’ll probably just have hiring goals to meet by key dates. Last year we had hiring events in July and August (for BTS/BTC) and September, October, and November for seasonal.

Fingers crossed for this anyways..🤞
We have at least 10 positions to fill in my store but we don’t have the hours for them. I will never understand this. You are right, HR is in the middle of transition right now with the constant LOA’s and transfers.

Back