Archived Seasonal n00b

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
*waves*

Seasonal newbie here. I worked at Target back in the day (near 20 years ago now) and am back for a bit to earn a bit of extra cash for the holidays.

It's amazing how much has changed, yet how much has stayed completely the same ("Who is responding?").

Greetings and Salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

*waves back*

Hi, do you think it’s changed for the better or worse?

Thanks for the welcomes!

As for better or worse--it seems about the same, if we're talking people and general culture. It's more complicated--my store now is a Super Target and that wasn't really a thing yet last time around and it's kind of like having a whole 'nother store there to keep track of. I don't work in grocery, but guests don't know the difference when they need help finding stuff. The Zebras are a nice change, though I mostly find the Target app much more useful for looking stuff up for people (we're encouraged to have our phones on us for this very reason, and so we can show customers how to download the Target app, add Cartwheel, etc). Retail is still retail, just with a bit more technology.

Do supertargets have more than one STL?

We don't, but I can't speak for all of them. They have their own ETL(s? Still trying to figure out how many ETLs we actually have). An org chart would be a handy thing to have posted somewhere, but if it's anywhere online or in the TSC, I haven't been able to find it.

Welcome! And my Super Target has 1 STL, 1 Sr. ETL (many people say this isn't a thing but it is, at my store anyways. It's basically the STL bench), and 6 ETLS (HL, SL, HR, GE, FOOD, FOOD, LOG)

Last edited:
LOG?

Still trying to get a handle on acronyms. I think we have at least one ETL for HL, SL, HR, front end and I think at least two for grocery. And then we the ETL who manages POGs, but he's probably classified as HL? Presumably there is at least one person in charge of Flow/BR/FF.

LOG?

Still trying to get a handle on acronyms. I think we have at least one ETL for HL, SL, HR, front end and I think at least two for grocery. And then we the ETL who manages POGs, but he's probably classified as HL? Presumably there is at least one person in charge of Flow/BR/FF.
Oh - DUH. We have an ETL HR as well.

Welcome! And my Super Target has 1 STL, 1 Sr. ETL (many people say this isn't a thing but it is, at my store anyways. It's basically the STL bench), and 6 ETLS (HL, SL, HR, GE, FOOD, FOOD, LOG)

I have a Sr. ETL-Food, I was thinking my store was some freak anomaly, too. Glad I'm not alone lol. My Super Target is the exact same.

Also welcome to TBR! And welcome back to Spot...

We don't, but I can't speak for all of them. They have their own ETL(s? Still trying to figure out how many ETLs we actually have). An org chart would be a handy thing to have posted somewhere, but if it's anywhere online or in the TSC, I haven't been able to find it.
I think the MPM 2.0 app on the Zebras has a list of your store's ETLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back