Seasoned in Retail, but new to Target

Hi all!

I've poked around for a few days and decided it's time to introduce myself. I'm new to Target, but have 20+ years retail experience. I'm in week 2 of training for a TL position as an outside hire. I've never worked for a company that uses soooo many acronyms that I've seen mentioned in email reports so I'm hoping to find answers soon 'cause even my trainer doesn't have all of the answers.

Hi all!

I've poked around for a few days and decided it's time to introduce myself. I'm new to Target, but have 20+ years retail experience. I'm in week 2 of training for a TL position as an outside hire. I've never worked for a company that uses soooo many acronyms that I've seen mentioned in email reports so I'm hoping to find answers soon 'cause even my trainer doesn't have all of the answers.
Start reading this thread please.

Welcome.

Target is big on acronyms but not all stores use those acronyms.

Don't be surprised if your ETL is a 22 year old with no experience.

You are starting just before it gets crazy busy which will help with your transition.

Start reading this thread please.
Thank you. I appreciate the link, but it's one I have read. I do try to research things on my own before asking a question. I have a training day with the ETL-HR this week so maybe they know. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I'm in my home store and ask my ETL. I can't remember the specific acronyms mentioned in the emails I've received so far, but I'll keep researching.

Welcome.

Target is big on acronyms but not all stores use those acronyms.

Don't be surprised if your ETL is a 22 year old with no experience.

You are starting just before it gets crazy busy which will help with your transition.
Thank you.

I believe when communicating, the goal is for others to understand or comprehend what information is being shared. With that said, it's great that stores can be unique with their own lingo, but when training someone, shorthand/acronyms should be used in moderation. If i don't find answers in my training store, I'll be sure to communicate my needs to my home store. I have yet to meet my ETL, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm also hoping I'm learning what they expect me to learn. My TL trainer is 6 months in to their position, also as an outside hire.

original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Really? Outside hire training after 6 months in position ?? Wonder why you couldn’t have trained with the person that trained them ?
hope you got all the information that you’ll need. Which position ?
Yeah, I was a bit surprised when my trainer said they didn't know about "pre-covid Target". I'm guessing the closest store was chosen. It's also smaller. This is the first company I haven't worked my way up in so yeah, I do hope I get all the info I need. I still have 7 more days of official training, but I hope I'll get support from my store until I'm settled in. It's for Style Team Lead.

G.u.e.s.t
Greet, Understand, Engage, Solve, Thank
Clean and prep. Assess your business. Fill the floor. Work the truck. Routine workload. Clean and check out.

Back