Archived Second job?

Should I tell them about the other job at Target?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to know if anyone has experiences with working two jobs, with one being target? I have an interview for a second job, but it's another retail job and I think there might be some conflict there because both would probably want weekend availability and mostly closing shifts. I also don't know if I should let the interviewer know that I have another job that I don't intend on leaving for that one. Soft lines at my store barely gets hours and I'm getting 60% of the hours this summer that I was getting last summer...

Honestly, if it's only another retail job and nothing that exciting I would stick with just target. If you go into the interview be clear that you are looking for a second job and need to be scheduled only certain times. Then you have to make sure those are your unavailable days are target. It is a hassle. I've done it when I had to, but now I just make target work.

Let your TL and ETL know you are looking for hours. Cross train in everything. Speak up and ask the ETL or STL to extend a shift. I am always asking, hey can I come in early and help out tomorrow?? Pay attention to store needs. If you heard that a bunch of people called in, ask to extend your shift and help cover. If you know your store is going to take a double truck see if they can add you to flow for a day. Ad setup On Sunday needs people a lot too. Pick up shifts on the swap board. Ask a college kid or co worker "do you want off tomorrow?" Most of the time they can't resist a day off and you can swipe the shift. Sometimes I ask the backroom kid if they want to go home early and they go home when I would have and I stay to the end of their shift. That wAy the store is spending the same payroll hours. Before I got a set schedule I would be given 25 hours and end my week with 40 without a problem.

Hopefully you are at a big enough store that you can make it work too.

Yeah. You pretty much have to tell them you're working right now and are just looking for another job. Sucks having to work 2 jobs just to get by! America, land of the free slaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back