Archived Security Cameras in the bathroom....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVR's??? We use tapes lol.
Yeah some stores are still using the old VCR systems. But when a store goes through a remodel they're supposed to get the new DVR system. And a much better computer user interface for the cameras as well. Higher quality video as well. Not much, but somewhat better than the older system lol.

You must be in either a very new store or a very special store because in the 2 stores I worked TPS in over 45% of the domes were dummies... It just wouldn't make sense to have to try and monitor over 250+ camera's in a store, let alone have the storage space available for all of the many hard drive stacks and computers to run and store all of that media. You must have a gigantic computer/server/dvr room...

We run over half dummy domes. Dummies get the boosters to move to an area where they think there are no cameras....then say hello to my pinholes. BWAHAHAHA. We have 7 pinholes.

God. I remember running the numbers with the AP team on trying to get the correct compression settings on the video streams. That was not a fun day for any of us trying to figure those things out...

In the end though, thanks to horrible math on somebody's part, we ended up with enough data storage to store 90 days worth of 64 streams of video using a fixed bit-rate that is probably too high.

Yes a power and video cable must be run from the AP Office to the dome. Without it the camera just won't work.

I only asked as I remember my store having issues with people taking things in the restroom or tagging them and I asked our AP at the time about installing cameras and he said it would have to be done after the remodel because of that since they were moving deparments around

How big are the cameras? Stores in General I've seen small domes nd big domes

Yes a power and video cable must be run from the AP Office to the dome. Without it the camera just won't work.

Two separate cables? Haven't they ever heard of Power-Over-Ethernet?

Two separate cables? Haven't they ever heard of Power-Over-Ethernet?

The brand new cameras use powered ethernet cable, but anything older than a year (or maybe 2) have 2 wires. That's why it is such an ordeal to move cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back