Archived Seemingly eternal 'outs'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have items that never seem to be in stock?

I've only noticed it in market (I have to walk through it every day to get to the backroom) but it probably happens in other areas as well. There are a few market sections that are really bad- some places have been empty for months. Just going off memory I'm pretty sure one of the products is Simply Balanced rice (http://cdn.pinchofyum.com/wp-content/uploads/Grocery-Shopping-Target-3.jpg or maybe this: Target : Expect More. Pay Less.) ...probably 7 different DPCIs, which makes for a pretty big/ugly empty section!

As a BRTM with only a PDA is there anything I can do to trigger these DPCIs to be sent, or is my only option to grab a MyDevice and do the instocks process on it? Is there any way to see when the item was last "researched" (or included on an instocks scan?) I just can't figure out why we don't have any of the product.

It bums me out because these massive holes really kill the impact of a good market zone and it's such a waste of space.

Go to Item Search, scan something and click on the book in the upper right corner. Select "Instocks" and you can see when it was researched, received, pulled, expected to get more of, probably some other dates I'm forgetting. And the onhands of course. That's about it for your options with a PDA. You can do that with a MyDevice too but I can't remember how right now.

If an area's chronically empty, that's where MySupport and flexing come into play probably.

Does anyone else have items that never seem to be in stock?

I've only noticed it in market (I have to walk through it every day to get to the backroom) but it probably happens in other areas as well. There are a few market sections that are really bad- some places have been empty for months. Just going off memory I'm pretty sure one of the products is Simply Balanced rice (http://cdn.pinchofyum.com/wp-content/uploads/Grocery-Shopping-Target-3.jpg or maybe this: Target : Expect More. Pay Less.) ...probably 7 different DPCIs, which makes for a pretty big/ugly empty section!

As a BRTM with only a PDA is there anything I can do to trigger these DPCIs to be sent, or is my only option to grab a MyDevice and do the instocks process on it? Is there any way to see when the item was last "researched" (or included on an instocks scan?) I just can't figure out why we don't have any of the product.

It bums me out because these massive holes really kill the impact of a good market zone and it's such a waste of space.
In item search, the book icon in the top right corner... instead of help guest... it's....gah. next to pogs? One of them will show instocks info. It's been awhile.

I know our etl-log has been researching then mysupporting really empty sections, endcaps, etc. It's working well. Not sure if the dtl is in the loop to push it through.

Ah cool! I've only recently learned about that little book icon (honestly never noticed it before lol) and have used it to check POG set dates, but I've never really explored beyond that. I'll have to take a look tomorrow!

I don't understand why leadership in my store hasn't done anything about it. They're all really crazy about instocks...so why wouldn't you make sure you fix the super empty sections?! o_O

The book is amazing. When I had to push CAFs and reshop I loved the salesfloor option. All the locations and capacities at the same time? Yes please!

I don't understand why leadership in my store hasn't done anything about it. They're all really crazy about instocks...so why wouldn't you make sure you fix the super empty sections?! o_O
Going "instocks is important! Fill the shelves! Instocks!" is one thing. Actually sitting down and figuring out the best way to fill those shelves and putting in the elbow grease like signingminion mentioned is a different and harder thing.

We hear had to my support a number of dpcis. In the meantime, flex with flip tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back