Archived Selling those grab bag shippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
So today I was shopping at my store and the guest in front of me was buying the rest of those little things that are kinda like mini figs (I think they’re called Ooshies or something?) and they were all clearance and there was 8 left and she wanted the box they came in.. I really would have gaven them to her.. the cashier called GSTL and GSTL called LOD sand LOD said because there was a ‘viewing window’ (basically where you could like see an example) we couldn’t give her the boxes because it would include two free toys basically, which makes senses. The guest totally understand and even offered to pay for 2 more of them, but the LOD said we can’t because we reuse the boxes — is this true? Wtf would we do with something that was the last of the clearance? And also - those things come shipped in a new little shipper every time?

Is the LOD correct in this situation? I totally would have given her the box, especially since she offered to pay for the display ones.. she was super nice and said her kids would love it if she put them in the shipper thing.

I know that other places (and maybe even Spot) does because my kid is obsessed with those youtube videos and they always are buying full cases from stores including the shipper.

I mean, if she's buying the full case, I wouldn't have cared. I'm pretty sure they get shipped in those so if you already have one on the floor, there's no reason to refuse it.

I mean, if she's buying the full case, I wouldn't have cared. I'm pretty sure they get shipped in those so if you already have one on the floor, there's no reason to refuse it.
It was clearance anyways so we weren’t getting more, and she was buying the rest of them.

We don't give away the Lego displays. They aren't vendor product. What's the difference?

I think I'd be ok if she paid for each of the figures included. We throw them out which is wasteful as fuck. Our receiver normally puts the figures on his desk after breaking the boxes open. I'd rather some kid get them.

Years ago, when we had the huge Domo character, the disposition was to put it in the compactor and pour bleach on it.

I would have given it to her,like a lot of other things we do,there is no common sense,let's. Just throw every thing in the compactor.

In the situation you described and it being clearance we’d gladly give it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back