Archived Senior Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys. Here's the story. I left Target back in August, but yesterday I had an interview at a different Target yesterday with the ETL-HR. Fortunately, she is the same ETL-HR I had when I left in August (she transferred just before I left). She said I passed her interview easily and my next interview is next week with the STL (couldn't do it all yesterday because of the switch to Workday causing the system to be down and the STL was unavailable) and the DTL. What do I need to know for the STL and DTL interviews??

Last edited:
That's what I thought about the interview yesterday and I wasn't asked anything I didn't know.

The ETL-HR asked me those questions. Should I expect that with the STL and DTL, too?

Probably. Things have changed in the year you have been gone. Big focus on selling now. Your STL may focus on that, especially if your previous role wasn't guest facing.

I was on the POG team previously but I cross trained for every other department in the store.

Ok. I used a lot of situations where I sold something and provided customer service in my first interview so I may just carry that through to the next interview. The ETL-HR seemed to love my answers as she wasted no time setting up the next interview and the STL said she looks forward to speaking with me.

Ok. I used a lot of situations where I sold something and provided customer service in my first interview so I may just carry that through to the next interview. The ETL-HR seemed to love my answers as she wasted no time setting up the next interview and the STL said she looks forward to speaking with me.
Do you have a date for the next interview or did they say they’ll call you to set a date for one?

She said she is gonna email me on Wednesday morning and that it will be Wednesday afternoon or first thing Thursday morning. She has to wait for Workday to be fully implemented and she wants to make sure the STL will be available. She was originally available on Wednesday of this past week, but store issues had been happening all day so we had to set it for Wednesday or Thursday of next week. She also wants to make sure it works with my schedule as my manager now does nothing but micromanage and has now said everybody has to work open to close and no reasons to leave early or be scheduled to leave earlier than close will be accepted (I’m talking to her manager to see about leaving a little early on Wednesday). But for sure Wednesday afternoon or Thursday since I’m off that day anyway.

Is that a normal thing or are they like interviewing for a TM position where you typically have two interviews back to back? She sounded very sure about getting back with me on Wednesday. And is it normal to have an offer right after the DTL interview or do they have to discuss it and get back with you?

The dtl usually notifies the stl after the interview with the answer and your stl or etl hr will give you the news.

Is that a normal thing or are they like interviewing for a TM position where you typically have two interviews back to back? She sounded very sure about getting back with me on Wednesday. And is it normal to have an offer right after the DTL interview or do they have to discuss it and get back with you?
It definitely depends on the situation. If you’re one of two or three people and your last you might get an offer immediately but if there’s a few of you, you’ll probably find out in a few days

Do not complain about anything during your interview. You mention your etl issues. Not a good thing,

Do not complain about anything during your interview. You mention your etl issues. Not a good thing,

I’m confused. I don’t have any issues with any of the ETLs. I’m currently not working at target, but I didn’t mention anything about my manager micromanaging.

She said she is gonna email me on Wednesday morning and that it will be Wednesday afternoon or first thing Thursday morning. She has to wait for Workday to be fully implemented and she wants to make sure the STL will be available. She was originally available on Wednesday of this past week, but store issues had been happening all day so we had to set it for Wednesday or Thursday of next week. She also wants to make sure it works with my schedule as my manager now does nothing but micromanage and has now said everybody has to work open to close and no reasons to leave early or be scheduled to leave earlier than close will be accepted (I’m talking to her manager to see about leaving a little early on Wednesday). But for sure Wednesday afternoon or Thursday since I’m off that day anyway.
Hmmm...Sounds like a classic “soft turn down”. I could be wrong, I usually am.

Hmmm...Sounds like a classic “soft turn down”. I could be wrong, I usually am.

If it was a "no" then you would have gotten a rejection email.

If you haven't ever been on Glassdoor's website, check it out. Lots of interview questions by company!

Yeah I haven’t gotten a rejection email or anything. She told me she just has to 1) wait for Workday to officially launch, 2) make sure the STL is available, and 3) make sure it works with my schedule. In fact, I was just there shopping yesterday and the STL told me she can’t wait to talk with me and set a start date.

Yeah I haven’t gotten a rejection email or anything. She told me she just has to 1) wait for Workday to officially launch, 2) make sure the STL is available, and 3) make sure it works with my schedule. In fact, I was just there shopping yesterday and the STL told me she can’t wait to talk with me and set a start date.
Did you have an interview with the dtl?

Not yet. The ETL-HR said I passed her interview and the next one is with the STL and then the DTL.
I hope that’s not your store no#.
I never applied for a TL position to begin with. My ETL log came to me and offered me the position. My etl-hr , my etl log and my STl prepped me for my interview with the Dtl. By the time I came back to my store the only thing my stl asked me if the dtl hugged me. I said yes and my stl said I got the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back