Archived Senior team lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so recently I have become interested in becoming a senior team lead. I have been enrolled as a TL for about 2 years and have been with target for about 4 always at the front end. What kind of questions will they ask in the interview? How can I "beef" up my answers? Also, any other advice?:)

Get with your HR or STL for some help and practice. They will have some questions for you to prepare answers for, and will help critique your answers and delivery. Have a short introduction about yourself as well--both work and a bit of personal. I felt well prepared, and then all she did was pull out the regular TL interview guide and ask those questions. I was all prepared and it was a pretty low scope interview! I believe that if your store wants you, you will get the job

They usually use one of the TL Interview guides, or mix up the questions between multiple guides. But they're looking for high scope answers. So if they ask you "Tell me about a time you addressed an opportunity with a process", the low scope answer would be "The back end was dirty so I cleaned it up". The high scope answer would be "I saw an opportunity with cashier scheduling and it negatively impacting our BTS scores due to team members being scheduled outside of their availability or conflicting with their work/life balance. First and foremost, I set the foundation by ensuring every single one of my TM's had an accurate availablity by having one on one personal conversations and ensuring that work/life balance is being met for each one of my team members.. From there, I partnered with the ETL-HR to go over goals and opportunities with the schedule and what I could do to help out. With the foundation set of accurate availabilities, we were able to fully schedule our team according to myTime specifications resulting in green scheduling compliance score. Me and my ETL-HR also set up a standing meet up time once a week to go over cashier scheduling to ensure it fits the needs of the business and needs of the team members. We've run with this process for 3 months now and the feedback I've gotten from my team has been phenomenal. I feel as if moral is at an all time high, I've seen positive improvements in Guest Survey scores, Red Card scores, a lower turnover rate, and I fully expect next years BTS scores to be great"

Your DM will be looking for a TL that improves the store overall, rather than a TL that just gets shit done.

get to know your dtl. challenging power (aka etl/lod) is going to be a good one to speak to. be ready to have walks/speaking to your department with the dtl/group tl

Know that you can still run your area in 16-24 hours rather than 40, as you'll be LOD 2-3 of your shifts a week, plus going to the weekly ETL meetings.

Know that you can still run your area in 16-24 hours rather than 40, as you'll be LOD 2-3 of your shifts a week, plus going to the weekly ETL meetings.
Last December I had 1shift in Starbucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back