Archived Senior Team Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your store. Some stores do in house training or travel to another store for training. 40 hours a week as a srtl. 50 hours or higher as an etl.
The op had started about 3 weeks ago. They applied for etl & got srtl job.

Last edited:
  1. More info on srtl job. It appears spot tricked you offering an srtl job instead of an etl job.

From another thread:
    Go for it if that's what you want. Just be prepared in case they decide that they want someone with more experience with Target. Being a Sr. TL means taking LOD shifts, and that is a lot of trust to give someone who has one been working there for a month.
    Also jumping from TM to Sr. TL might be a huge responsibility shock. Depending on your work center, you will be expected to handle all of the tasks expected of a Team Lead. But being a Senior, you will be expected to do everything that a regular TL can do in 40 hours with only around 22 hours, since the remaining 18 will likely be LOD shifts.
    Firefox, Dec 16, 2015

2. From another thread:
    How each stores leaders work together can make a HUGE difference to the same position. When I started as a SrTL I had a good relationship with my STL and ETLs, and loved coming to work, got satisfaction out of good results/execution, and loved working with my team. Now only one of those ETLs remains and with all the new leaders that are brand new to Target, our new STL who has absolutely killed moral at the store, with all the additions like SFS, Flex Fill, plus the Holidays its been a living hell quite honestly haha. Especially because I'm having to do so many LOD shifts plus assist new ETLs that are technically a position higher than me, and it takes away even more time from my work center.

Basically, if your leaders work well together and your stores overall moral is good then you should really enjoy the SrTL position. Cross training is a great way to help your overall understanding of the store. Also, show that you're interesting in bigger things than zone/reshop. Ask about sales goals, which areas are struggling and how you can help improve them. If you show you're wanting to do bigger things at the store level it will definitely get noticed. You'd be surprised how many people will put in their 2 weeks, and comment that they felt that they didn't have a chance at a higher position, but never expressed interest and just did the bare essentials
    Thanks
    @scbman 12-22-2015

OP, target doesn't allow what you're asking about (working shifts at another store if you're in the area, etc.) If a nearby store needs support help or coverage for an LOD shift you may get to work in that store.

I would assume for a new hire you will do training in a nearby store (not the store you'll be working at) unless you're in an area where your store is the only Target. Training is usually 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back