Archived Seriously? Cutting hours in the last week of the busiest month of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got like 20 this week, and a whole 18 next week. Whole holiday season i got crap hours but on the 2 week out schedule i get 32

That's the joy of specialty departments. When hardlines and softlines get hours specialty gets nothing and has to scrape by for hours, but as soon as the holidays are ever everyone comes begging specialty for shifts.

Good old spot we get guest comments all the time saying not enough team members on the sales floor and corporate keeps finding ways to cut hours and have fewer team members.

Over the last few weeks at Starbucks, I have noticed my hours getting shorter and shorter. We didn't get any more hours and we didn't change our time schedule for the holidays! We had the same hours, just a thirty minute overlap for someone to be there to restock. Then you spend a line with ten or fifteen people all with at least two or three drink orders. Now they have cut our hours shorter than before the holidays started.

Over the last few weeks at Starbucks, I have noticed my hours getting shorter and shorter. We didn't get any more hours and we didn't change our time schedule for the holidays! We had the same hours, just a thirty minute overlap for someone to be there to restock. Then you spend a line with ten or fifteen people all with at least two or three drink orders. Now they have cut our hours shorter than before the holidays started.

That sounds like a strange set-up...at my store, we had at least 1-2 extra shifts per day (besides the normal opening, mid, close) at peak times to help deal with it. Of course they drastically cut our hours after Christmas, but HR people overshot it, since I've been called in 4 times in the past week to help.

Our HR guy even cut the schedule to the point where we had a half-hour gap with NOBODY working. Thankfully, now he's left to go manage some clothing store.

eh this looks like the worse january i've had in a few years. Strickly monday wednesday friday for the next few weeks, and as I predicted, after being shortstaffed through the busiest time of year, our store has finally got new hires, and we have a small army on flow, salesfloor, and front end, not to mention all the college kids who are sucking up hours til school starts back up. It just makes me groan how bad of a job hr did when it came to hiring seasonal. They wait til like three days before christmas and hire a bunch of people. I don't care what excuses they have, that combined with some other recent developements gives me no choice but to conclude my etl-hr and stl are grossly incompetant of fullfilling even the most basic duties in their job description. Lol atleast I got about 10 hours of sickpay/vacaction to sustain me through january.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back