Pricing and Presentation Set On Time (Refocus)

With the adjustment to moving Pricing and Plano to nights, the DSD is very focused on having complete sets done and set on time % as close to 100% as possible. They are very aware of what is happening in stores though and understand some things won't fit the scheduled set parameters (Mini was completely full this week, barely sold even as clearance… did not touch any set there because of this issue).

Since I'm the GMTL going overnight and expected to handle this metric, I'd like to understand the metric better. I wondering if anyone can explain how Set on Time is calculated? How will letting sets roll to the next week will affect this percentage? Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks.

I don’t have any answers but I just wanted to say I wish our district was doing this but there has been no talk of moving those jobs overnights.

With the adjustment to moving Pricing and Plano to nights, the DSD is very focused on having complete sets done and set on time % as close to 100% as possible. They are very aware of what is happening in stores though and understand some things won't fit the scheduled set parameters (Mini was completely full this week, barely sold even as clearance… did not touch any set there because of this issue).

Since I'm the GMTL going overnight and expected to handle this metric, I'd like to understand the metric better. I wondering if anyone can explain how Set on Time is calculated? How will letting sets roll to the next week will affect this percentage? Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks.
Whew ! SO glad to hear somewhere else didn’t set mini also ! I was concerned because we chose to set Chem instead while it was EMPTY and forego mini cause it was FULL !

About metrics -
For many years I used Adjacency calendar to plan and TWT & Online planogram to track progress - simple.
Online planogram goes away - I’m sad and annoyed but CAN work without it - with a little extra effort.
TWT goes away - replaced with Set workload on zebra, Set Calendar in PC AND Greenfield- - - complete disaster !!!
i haven’t found all 3 to have the SAME information ! At times On the zebra I see workload complete with a dozen still untied on calendar, other times I see 3 to still set on zebra but can’t find which ones they are !!!!
HATE the new system and greenfield is a field mine !
I also am finding it VERY tedious to track overdue work on zebra as it is broken up by dept. - online planogram used to have a very Simple list of pogs NOT tied where we could keep track of what was missed and what may have accidentally been untied.

Basically your metric for set on time is calculated based on pogs set vs. pogs for that week. If you do not set all your pogs during the set week it will lower your score. This used to calculate including revisions and salesplans but I am not sure if that is still true as I have not worried about this metric for a couple years.

I was able to set half of mini this week (all of the summer pogs and all of the small pogs). We also set one pog for Chem, all but 7 sidecaps, and all of Bullseye. Our week also included salvaging the bullseye despite it not being included in our workload.

Anyone know if the moving pricing and plano to overnight is a permanent thing?

AT my store our pricing team is 4am to 1230. We have an overnight store and there is too much going on so that is why we opted for 4am. We were told it is until at least September.

Anyone know if the moving pricing and plano to overnight is a permanent thing?

I think my ETL slipped into conversation that it could go through Q4. But that may have just been him guessing. I am planning on this being a permanent thing indefinitely. I don't love it, but willing to see how this goes. I prefer it for the near future as the virus has not peaked and we are not on the downswing yet. After that, I may want to go back.

Also, when is pricing supposed to go live again? I know style is happening this coming Monday, expecting 5,000 markdowns. But what about the rest of the store?

We were told most likely through 2020. Loving it so far, five hours with no phones, no guests, no backup cashiering - some real productive time.

I think my ETL slipped into conversation that it could go through Q4. But that may have just been him guessing. I am planning on this being a permanent thing indefinitely. I don't love it, but willing to see how this goes. I prefer it for the near future as the virus has not peaked and we are not on the downswing yet. After that, I may want to go back.

Also, when is pricing supposed to go live again? I know style is happening this coming Monday, expecting 5,000 markdowns. But what about the rest of the store?
Week of April 26th 11 hours forecasted for that week (non A&A)

The biggest couple things I can think of to help this metric (not too hard once you get it down)...

Everything needs to be tied Friday before close. Saturday does NOT count. If anybody waits till Saturday to set stuff they need to tie it off Friday and remember to get to it Saturdays.

Everything is weighted after the fact. You may look green, but a SP is weighted lower than a POG. You can look green on Friday, but if the 1 thing left is a full POG you might go red. If the last thing left is a SP it might go up on Monday.

Pre-Ties don't show up in MyTasks. If something is pre-tied, and you are using MyTasks to check this metric, it will look like its done.

The biggest couple things I can think of to help this metric (not too hard once you get it down)...

Everything needs to be tied Friday before close. Saturday does NOT count. If anybody waits till Saturday to set stuff they need to tie it off Friday and remember to get to it Saturdays.

Everything is weighted after the fact. You may look green, but a SP is weighted lower than a POG. You can look green on Friday, but if the 1 thing left is a full POG you might go red. If the last thing left is a SP it might go up on Monday.

Pre-Ties don't show up in MyTasks. If something is pre-tied, and you are using MyTasks to check this metric, it will look like its done.

Why does Saturday not count?

Week of April 26th 11 hours forecasted for that week (non A&A)

🤔 Why the hell did they only give three nights in Plano that week then? I could have easily been scheduled the fourth night for GM and done price change, geez!

That's going to suck for SFS. Style has been helping out SFS since the workload for Style had decreased.

One other ANNOYING thing about Set Workload Calendar -
Once everything is tied it DISAPPEARS ! I wanted to print the whole thing out with all the locations tied but it was GONE
- only said “NO WORKLOAD”.
Next week going to leave 1 thing untied, print, and tie that LAST thing. Sheesh.
our score struggled a few weeks cause we always had people scheduled Saturday and I didn’t want to tie on Friday in case they called out. I don’t like tying anything that isn’t finished.
going to ask to NOT schedule presentation tm’s on Saturdays !

Since when did deadline to tie go from Saturday midnight to Friday?? That explains why % doesn't change for Sat lately.

Back