Setting up NextGen SCOs?

My store will soon switch over to NextGen Selfcheckout machines and from what I am reading on Workbench, they are going to be banked differently than our current NCR units. I don't want to ask my specific question here in a thread, so can anyone who uses and closes NextGen SCOs in their store PM me to talk about this?

okay so a few things about them.

they function very differently than a normal NCR SCO.

Money is recycled. because of this, our store only empties out the SCO money once a week (on Saturdays). Your store may not want to do this, up to your leadership honestly.

These SCOs are homemade by Target. meaning they don’t have the reliability as the NCR SCOs. We constantly have about 1-3 machines just off or in card only mode because of coin/cash recycler issues

The thing i fkn hate about them is that they automatically send 239 alerts when cash or coins are low. it’s very annoying lol. I signed out of the POS alerts because of it.

Ours take a bit long to actually dispense cash and coins back.

Now we could have had bad luck but when I tell you all of our SCOs did not work when we got them. They all had one random issue to prevent them from working properly. Like there was a silica packet left behind so it wasn't working right. Or there was a cable unplugged. Or this. or that. none of them worked properly and we just had to fuck with them to get them running.

Okay now, nice thing about them. Since they're homemade,You don't need one of those small-ass NCR keys. You can just use a regular key core. The insides kinda roll out. so maintenance on them is kinda okay to do.

You have a zebra flatbed scanner which is nice.
One simple switch turns everything off.
You have trashcans!
The lights are big and the colors for the alerts are super clear.

Other than that, exact same software as your NCR SCO. I will say they feel a bit slower. Either that or i’m just going crazy Lol

Back