SFS-air pillow machine

Our machine feels like it breaks down more than it should, does anybody know how to fix the issue where the pillows start melting and causing the machine to not properly work? If we end up needing to replace the machine it will be the third one we have had in about a year.

Our machine feels like it breaks down more than it should, does anybody know how to fix the issue where the pillows start melting and causing the machine to not properly work? If we end up needing to replace the machine it will be the third one we have had in about a year.
The first thing I'd do is have PML check your power source to make sure it is appropriate voltage for the machine to make sure this intermittent issue isn't due to power surges that could cause a fire. Also not an uncommon problem for those who think any voltage power source can be used for waves.

Where they come off the end of the belt are they able to freely fall or are they backing up? I know if they can't freely fall off the machine they can stack up and sometimes burn..

My store had a similar problem with that before. Just make sure the team is actually feeding the air pillows correctly.

I’d say first have your PML have a look at it.
If they can’t fix the issue , there is an internal settings menu. I’ll look at my stores settings and post the instructions and settings hopefully tomorrow.

If the timer adjustment is locked, turn it off. Hold the up and down arrows while turning on to unlock the buttons.

Once fully on, press and hold the return button and then the same with the menu button. Hold until it prompts for a password. Use arrows to enter password is 262 or 268 and then press return. Try these settings as the melting issue seemed to stop after our settings got changed.

My store is 1 pack station with no automatic pillow hopper machine and only using one belt on the air pillow machine.
Test mode Off
Temp Low. 0
Temp High. 100
Air Low. 20
Air high. 100
Speed. 100
Start delay. 70
Air offset. 500ms

(The following may differ for your store)
BWR Off dly. 0ms
Bin sensor. Off.
Bin BLWR DLY. 0s
System Belt. One

Last edited:
Funny timing.. Our Airspeed machine just took a large dump. Like stone dead.. Heat sensor failed, and it's dead.. Replacement should be in tomorrow.. What a fun day with no airspeed.. Well went through two rolls of hex wrap to fill the gap.

They got rid of the printers and the bubble wrap which didn’t need to be replaced yet they keep these crappy air speed machines.

They got rid of the printers and the bubble wrap which didn’t need to be replaced yet they keep these crappy air speed machines.

Our old printer was crap. The airspeed machine has been rock solid since we rolled out SFS in our store.. Most of the zebra printer issues we have had are operator error..

If the timer adjustment is locked, turn it off. Hold the up and down arrows while turning on to unlock the buttons.

Once fully on, press and hold the return button and then the same with the menu button. Hold until it prompts for a password. Use arrows to enter password is 262 or 268 and then press return. Try these settings as the melting issue seemed to stop after our settings got changed.

My store is 1 pack station with no automatic pillow hopper machine and only using one belt on the air pillow machine.
Test mode Off
Temp Low. 0
Temp High. 100
Air Low. 20
Air high. 100
Speed. 100
Start delay. 70
Air offset. 500ms

(The following may differ for your store)
BWR Off dly. 0ms
Bin sensor. Off.
Bin BLWR DLY. 0s
System Belt. One
THANK you!!

Unfortunately neither code is working
Same here when I hit return it just asks me to put the code in again ... I filled out the form for pregis tech support to help me out hopefully they will call

Got our new air speed machine and it was unlocked so I was able to adjust it and get it working. Amazing how much faster you can pack with that vs having to use the hex wrap to stuff boxes.

IMHO, the new zebra label printers are a godsend. Overall pack productivity went way up when we got them.

Also the passcodes for the air speed machines are different for each I think. 674 and 199 for our two

Back