Archived Shift coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeingSpot

Going with the Flow
So last week after talking with a coworker about her hours being cut severely, I offered her some of my shifts to help her out. We spoke to the ETL/LOD and got it approved and changed in the system. I made appointments for my days off but now they’re telling me today that person can’t cover my shift anymore because they’ve scheduled her elsewhere (despite her being on the schedule for my shifts). There is no one else to cover my shifts so what am I supposed to do?

So last week after talking with a coworker about her hours being cut severely, I offered her some of my shifts to help her out. We spoke to the ETL/LOD and got it approved and changed in the system. I made appointments for my days off but now they’re telling me today that person can’t cover my shift anymore because they’ve scheduled her elsewhere (despite her being on the schedule for my shifts). There is no one else to cover my shifts so what am I supposed to do?

How did they go about changing it in the system? Did you get it approved in written form? If they took you off the schedule and put her in your place then they can't force you to come in. If they only said they'd do it then it'll be harder for you. Honestly you should probably talk with your ETL about how it's unfair and how you've already made plans. If they don't budge take it up with the STL, ETL-HR, or call the hotline.

How did they go about changing it in the system? Did you get it approved in written form? If they took you off the schedule and put her in your place then they can't force you to come in. If they only said they'd do it then it'll be harder for you. Honestly you should probably talk with your ETL about how it's unfair and how you've already made plans. If they don't budge take it up with the STL, ETL-HR, or call the hotline.
After HR confirmed with my ETL that he approved the schedule change, I watched them take me off the schedule and put her instead. And it was actually the STL who made them change the schedule of the person who took my shifts. Luckily my TL agreed with me that I shouldn’t have to come in and found other people to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back