Archived Ship from Store TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainDog

Logistics
Is anyone else's store creating a SFS (or Flexible Fulfillment?) Team Leader position? Ours definitely will be starting this Q4, but there are very few details about it so far. The only thing known for sure is that it will no longer fall under Backroom leadership and will be its own self-contained team.

Is anyone else's store creating a SFS (or Flexible Fulfillment?) Team Leader position? Ours definitely will be starting this Q4, but there are very few details about it so far. The only thing known for sure is that it will no longer fall under Backroom leadership and will be its own self-contained team.
We had 2 SFS TLs in the past for 4th quarter.... usually its a SFS TL and a SFS ETL (ESFS here).... my ETL Log asked me if i would be interested in the position this year and i said yeah but idk if we are really bringing the position back since we have a new STL and DTL.... they might just get a ETL only to run it.

We had 2 SFS TLs in the past for 4th quarter.... usually its a SFS TL and a SFS ETL (ESFS here).... my ETL Log asked me if i would be interested in the position this year and i said yeah but idk if we are really bringing the position back since we have a new STL and DTL.... they might just get a ETL only to run it.

So it has been implemented in other stores! Realistically we should have had a dedicated TL last year, so I'm happy to hear it's happening finally.
Did the backroom TMs own SPUs or did the SFS team take care of those?

So it has been implemented in other stores! Realistically we should have had a dedicated TL last year, so I'm happy to hear it's happening finally.
Did the backroom TMs own SPUs or did the SFS team take care of those?
At my store SFS did the SPUs till 5:30 then the closing backroom team member did them... holiday times SFS team members did them since we had a morning team and a closing team every day.

Old store had a sfs tl but an etl over it seems wasteful

The first year we launched ESFS we had an ETL come from another for support for a month since our ETL Log was on LOA and they also hired a temporary ETL Log at that time also..... all during 4th quarter.... so i think it was b/c it was just too much for a new ETL to handle all at once...... the second year we had an ETL Intern that we ended up keeping so we had an extra ETL so she was over ESFS during 4th quarter till they found a store for her.

Last edited:

I can't remember where I read it...but corporate wants an existing TL to slide over for 4th quarter. I heard stores in my district sliding Plano TL's over. Other then that I have no knowledge about it. Ours doesn't go live for another few weeks

Not sure how what our staffing will be like for as far as needing a TL for it. Our store will be a two pack station store when the expansion comes to our store in October so I imagine there will be two TMs staffed but not sure about having a TL.

I can't remember where I read it...but corporate wants an existing TL to slide over for 4th quarter. I heard stores in my district sliding Plano TL's over. Other then that I have no knowledge about it. Ours doesn't go live for another few weeks

In our store it's looking like SFS is simply going to split off from Backroom and the Backroom TL is going to lead it. Plano is an interesting workcenter to pull from...

Not sure how what our staffing will be like for as far as needing a TL for it. Our store will be a two pack station store when the expansion comes to our store in October so I imagine there will be two TMs staffed but not sure about having a TL.

Ours is scheduled for an additional pack station as well. It's a smart move for stores that receive an especially high volume of orders, even year round, as packing with more than one person at a single station is inefficient. Having three or more packers at a single station using one piece of equipment (one printer, one WAT machine, one air pillow machine) is simply unproductive.

Plano is easily understood as after Seasonal Christmas set, we are done until the new year (minus very few revisions). Me and my entire plano team will be the first SFS team for my store (Our Plano TL will be our TL).

We are looking to give one of our team members a temporary team lead spot for sfs during q4. The option to slide over our pptl was there, but he's not experienced in that area at all and would be disastrous leading there with the amount of orders we're expecting. We are also getting an additional pack station. From what I've heard, there's supposed to be 4 people scheduled per station at all times (3 to pick and 1 to pack).

We are looking to give one of our team members a temporary team lead spot for sfs during q4. The option to slide over our pptl was there, but he's not experienced in that area at all and would be disastrous leading there with the amount of orders we're expecting. We are also getting an additional pack station. From what I've heard, there's supposed to be 4 people scheduled per station at all times (3 to pick and 1 to pack).

I feel bad for your team member. You are not allowed to give such a person a temporary raise and then revoke it. (We asked) He will have to do it under his regular pay scale.

I feel bad for your team member. You are not allowed to give such a person a temporary raise and then revoke it. (We asked) He will have to do it under his regular pay scale.
Pretty sure I've seen someone mention doing that for SFS before. Possibly @H2Owned ?

Pretty sure I've seen someone mention doing that for SFS before. Possibly @H2Owned ?
Yeah our first SFS TL got a raise from Team Member to SR TL for fourth quarter only cause we were short on ETLs and none of the regular TLs wanted to be Seniors..... After 4th quarter she was demoted to TL and pay was cut.... Then to Team member when they found out SFS TL was not permanent..... Our second SFS TL didnt get a pay raise till after 4th when they moved her over to PPTL

Actually this store has done it before years ago with me. The circumstances were a little different though. Our flow TL had been on leave for a couple months and no one knew when she was coming back, so they asked me to become the flow TL temporarily, it lasted about 3 months then she finally returned and I went back to backroom.
I am now am actual TL in the store, and I made sure he knew that if he accepts, it would only be for q4.

Our flow TL had been on leave for a couple months and no one knew when she was coming back, so they asked me to become the flow TL temporarily, it lasted about 3 months then she finally returned and I went back to backroom.

That makes sense..happend at my store when our flow tl injured herself.

We wanted to promote a tm to sfs tl for q4 and were told that's not allowed. We have to move an existing tl since we are right at head count.

SFS TL feels misleading. We're using our PPTL as their workload is light after christmas set to run SFS on a day-to-day. An SFS TL, outside of 4th quarter, doesn't really make sense as a permanent position. All they would really do is...pick and pack. Unless you're doing 750+ orders on the daily during the whole year, I could never see the need for it.

SFS TL feels misleading. We're using our PPTL as their workload is light after christmas set to run SFS on a day-to-day. An SFS TL, outside of 4th quarter, doesn't really make sense as a permanent position. All they would really do is...pick and pack. Unless you're doing 750+ orders on the daily during the whole year, I could never see the need for it.

Agreed on many points I think sfs has a lot of room to grow though. Would require more backroom space. It appears the remodeling they are doing increasing capacity for sfs hasn't been a priority (which may be a mistake)

Agreed on many points I think sfs has a lot of room to grow though. Would require more backroom space. It appears the remodeling they are doing increasing capacity for sfs hasn't been a priority (which may be a mistake)
If Target wanted to compete with Amazon or stores such as them, wouldn't it be beneficial to increase space?

Yup, the challenge is expanding space for SFS without cutting into space on the salesfloor and offices.
when the new fulfillment process is rolled out company wide and we go to itemized fulfillment, you effectively need very little space for backstock as ideally almost everything will hit the floor. this will allow for probably 50% or more of the backroom space we have now to be utilized for SFS

We have zero free space in our backroom

I can see PPTL, end being SFSPTL (Drop Pricing, which is split into departments), (Add SFS, which makes sense, unless it really takes off year around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back