Archived Ship to store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was looking up an item for a guest on my mydevice and I noticed there was an option that said "ship to store". I didn't think Target did this. I know we do store pickup and we're experimenting with ship from store, but I thought we weren't able to ship to a store. My mydevice thinks I'm in Minneapolis, so maybe this is something being tested out in Minneapolis stores?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659.7 KB · Views: 158
It does show your store on the screenshot, just so you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does sh0w your store on the screenshot, just so you know.
No, like I said my mydevice thinks I'm in Minneapolis. Same with everyone else's mydevice. And I just asked my team leader and he said it's being tested at some stores in the Bronx, so I'm wondering if it'll expand.

It does sh0w your store on the screenshot, just so you know.
My mydevice thinks I'm in Minneapolis
Somehow, I don't think that's his store

But to address your question @dannyy315, I remember reading that Spot was trying various fulfilment strategies and if they are testing a ship to store, it would probably be a tiny pilot and just as likely that it would be close to Minneapolis. If you think about it, we already have the capability with store transfers, the difference is that this option is more guest facing.

No, like I said my mydevice thinks I'm in Minneapolis. Same with everyone else's mydevice. And I just asked my team leader and he said it's being tested at some stores in the Bronx, so I'm wondering if it'll expand.

Ahh maybe if I read it carefully I would know that lol

Ship TO Store is coming soon. Ship FROM Store is here! We just started this week being a SFS location. Orders are placed online at Target.com and then are parceled out to different SFS location. We are getting about 50 orders a day that have to be picked and packed, ready for UPS pickup by 4:30. We are shipping to locations all over the country - not just locally. If it is in our inventory, we have a chance to get an order. Plus side - we get the credit for all sales that get shipped from our store. One SFS location had $500,000+ in sales added to their bottom line since they started as a pilot store last year.

One SFS location had $500,000+ in sales added to their bottom line since they started as a pilot store last year.
I overheard from my STL that we made an extra $1.2 million from SFS last year. We were the first in our state though and shipped from Florida to Maine. Too bad that's over, almost every store in my district alone went SFS.

Some people confusing Ship FROM Store and Ship TO Store. They are starting to roll out Ship TO Store where you order online and have it shipped to the store and ready for pickup. Ship FROM store is where we take actual merch from the backroom and sales floor to fill orders to be shipped out.

Ship to store is almost exactly the same thing as flexible fulfillments, except it will be used if the item is not in stock at the store. The guest can request that the DC send it to the store. It'll arrive in a special box and be scanned into guest services where the guest can pick it up.

Ship to store is almost exactly the same thing as flexible fulfillments, except it will be used if the item is not in stock at the store. The guest can request that the DC send it to the store. It'll arrive in a special box and be scanned into guest services where the guest can pick it up.
Right...and it rolls out company wide October 5 WTF?!

Yep, rolling out company-wide next month (about damn time). Receivers, GS TMs, and Fulfillment TMs are supposed to get training on it.

Some people confusing Ship FROM Store and Ship TO Store.
This has to be my number one pet peeve about working SFS. Everyone calls it ship-to-store and doesn't seem to grasp the fact that we are shipping FROM the store to the guest's home.

Shit's gonna get real confusing with SFS and STS in the same store...

I'm assuming the product will come on the normal trucks (?).

When you think about it, it's not such a bad idea for high volume stores who take multiple trucks a week. The product could get from the DC to store and unloaded in 2-3 days. Lower volume stores that take 3-4 trucks a week would cause delays in shipments, 3-5 days.

You already are sending trucks to the store, it will cut down on outside shipping costs for Target and is a smart business move.

I'm assuming the product will come on the normal trucks (?).

When you think about it, it's not such a bad idea for high volume stores who take multiple trucks a week. The product could get from the DC to store and unloaded in 2-3 days. Lower volume stores that take 3-4 trucks a week would cause delays in shipments, 3-5 days.

You already are sending trucks to the store, it will cut down on outside shipping costs for Target and is a smart business move.
Nope, they're using UPS.

Which makes me ask the question of why not just ship it to the guest and cut us out?
It's the guest's choice. People ask if we can ship to store all the time. But then again, these people usually want us to order it for them too.

Which makes me ask the question of why not just ship it to the guest and cut us out?

I have a mail box drop box and its because I have mail stolen all the time. So anything important I have sent to that mail drop. Same diff, keeps it safe, or if I am shopping at Spot I can do my normal shopping and just scoop that STS order while I am there.

I am going to get trained on how to do the receiving part of STS so they can just be flipped to store pick up.. And to have another hand to help with Flexible Fulfillment. I think this will be good for our store.. With our population it will do well.

STS should be free to the guest (I assume), vs paying for shipping to home. Target benefits by getting the guest in the store and raising the possibility of them doing some shopping while they're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back