Archived Ship To Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKADuchess

BR/Instock TL
Anyone else getting way more order's than they expected? Unlike pick up in store, this is actually driving some pretty decent sales for us.

Only downside is that our FedEx drivers do not typically show up until after 2......

Anyone else getting way more order's than they expected? Unlike pick up in store, this is actually driving some pretty decent sales for us.

Only downside is that our FedEx drivers do not typically show up until after 2......
We're starting to get too many orders to handle. We've been largely unable to hire for back room over the last several months. It really surprises me how many people would rather work on sales floor than in the back room. It's going to be a rough 4th quarter if we don't find help soon.

Our Fedex and UPS deliveries have been fine so far, but USPS has been the problem. We never expected they'd actually send anything USPS, so we weren't even checking it before 2pm. It typically arrives later anyway.

We're starting to get too many orders to handle. We've been largely unable to hire for back room over the last several months. It really surprises me how many people would rather work on sales floor than in the back room. It's going to be a rough 4th quarter if we don't find help soon.

Our Fedex and UPS deliveries have been fine so far, but USPS has been the problem. We never expected they'd actually send anything USPS, so we weren't even checking it before 2pm. It typically arrives later anyway.

Or USPS not actually being able to deliver and or jamming packages in our actual mailbox..

We've had so many that today there was an entire tub full of products that needed to be opened, labeled, and located that was sitting next to guest service so the guys could work on it between CAFs or whenever they had to bring something up. It was crazy. It's definitely booming.

Who is responsible for checking this stuff in? At our store reverse logistics checks in the UPS and Fed Ex that comes in the back door and takes it to the front and puts it in location. Guest service checks in the post office deliveries that come in up front. What about your stores?

Who is responsible for checking this stuff in? At our store reverse logistics checks in the UPS and Fed Ex that comes in the back door and takes it to the front and puts it in location. Guest service checks in the post office deliveries that come in up front. What about your stores?
Best Practice is backroom team members doing it. Like many other best practices, it doesn't make a lot of sense. They don't consider existing workload when adding new tasks -- at least it seems that way.

It's hard to soar like an Eagle...

I spend my last three hours after lunch processing orders/doing picks/or bringing orders to the front.

We actually had a STS order come in that was a mis-pick at the DC. So after what seems like hours talking to someone in Calcutta.....I was finally told to process the order and have the guest come in and buy the wrong item(and yell at us), then immediately return it where we have to mark it down in SIM, and then have them re-order it.......

We have been getting 5+ per day (way more than regular SPU orders).

And of course nobody seems to know what to do with them... Every shift I will find unopened STS packages at the guest services area, dumped there by I don't know who.

I spend my last three hours after lunch processing orders/doing picks/or bringing orders to the front.

We actually had a STS order come in that was a mis-pick at the DC. So after what seems like hours talking to someone in Calcutta.....I was finally told to process the order and have the guest come in and buy the wrong item(and yell at us), then immediately return it where we have to mark it down in SIM, and then have them re-order it.......
I wish they required guests to provide a phone number on all orders. Between mispicks from the DC and inconsistencies between Target.com and what we actually sell in store, there are too many times we need to call the guest and they only provided email.

Today I received about 10 STS orders with two errors.... one of which had a ship to address on the collate that was out of state and the other was 4 wrong items. Good job guys.

Today I received about 10 STS orders with two errors.... one of which had a ship to address on the collate that was out of state and the other was 4 wrong items. Good job guys.
I actually had that happen and I just called up the other store and we exchanged release numbers from the packing slips.

Interesting :< there was no other store unless you mean the DC lol. The actual address on the packing slip was ship to/bill to the same person instead of ship to: SHIP TO STORE/ bill to: (person) etc.

Can someone explain why the guest wouldn't just have these items shipped to their home? So far 80% of the stuff we have had come in for STS is large furniture items.

I've been away from the back room lately, so I haven't been trained on how to process STS orders. That should come soon, whether they schedule me back there or not. Back room's hours have been gutted as it is, leaving less time for training, let alone taking on yet another task.

Can someone explain why the guest wouldn't just have these items shipped to their home? So far 80% of the stuff we have had come in for STS is large furniture items.

I've been away from the back room lately, so I haven't been trained on how to process STS orders. That should come soon, whether they schedule me back there or not. Back room's hours have been gutted as it is, leaving less time for training, let alone taking on yet another task.

There is a Promo for $10 off a $75 + order using Store Pick Up. Maybe that is what is going on?

What @Bosch said. Really 3 reasons. Theft if one. One is free shipping to any store for guest without redcards. The last one is spot believes that when you come to pick the item up, your more inclined to then shop because your now already there.

Interesting :< there was no other store unless you mean the DC lol. The actual address on the packing slip was ship to/bill to the same person instead of ship to: SHIP TO STORE/ bill to: (person) etc.
Oh yeah I thought you said it was a ship to store address... Good luck with calling the CSC I guess.

We got lucky that the other store had our packing slip and hadn't done anything with it yet.

Anyone received an STS order that was addressed to a guest but had the store's address (it had the guests actual name instead of Ship to Store Guest Order on the shipping label)?

It almost looked like the guest had ordered it normally and just decided to put the store's address instead of their own.

But I was able to process it in Receive (I assume it should only work for STS orders).

Anyone received an STS order that was addressed to a guest but had the store's address (it had the guests actual name instead of Ship to Store Guest Order on the shipping label)?

It almost looked like the guest had ordered it normally and just decided to put the store's address instead of their own.

But I was able to process it in Receive (I assume it should only work for STS orders).
That's how all of ours are.

That's how all of ours are.
Most of ours are addressed the way it's described in the training guide:

Ship to Store Guest Order
123 Store Address Rd,
Anytown, US 01234

But then we had one or two that we couldn't tell what it was until we opened it, because it was addressed like this:

Guest Name
123 Store Address Rd,
Anytown, US 01234

I got one the other day with the billing address name of "Target Gift Card." The guest's name printed on the pickup label though.

As soon as I can get front end on the same page as myself and receiving, STS will be no problem.

Yeah I had to print out materials for Guest Service at my store since nobody there had been trained for it and instead were calling SFS/Flex team members over to do it or leaving it for the next person. Processed a few packages and then promptly told the GSTL to hid the PDA that way GS would always have it. Looking at our designated flex hold area though I'm not sure how long we'll be able continue using that space before things begin to overflow.

Our guest hold area is a disaster and only getting worse. Whenever a GSTM processes an order, they take the whole waco, and just toss it wherever when done... So they are now all over the shelves and floor in no particular order.

Last time I organized it, it was destroyed in a couple of weeks. So this time, I'm just going to leave it until the GSTL decides to fix it. As long as I can find room in a waco and it has a working hold location label, I'm satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back