Shipt affecting sfs/opu?

I've noticed recently that our batches have gotten lower in the past month. I started as a seasonal sfs tm in November. I know our batches were huge because of the holidays. After the holidays we were getting about 150 a day and opu were jumping all day. Now we're getting about 30-60 a day. A perk since I'm finished about an 2 hours in my shift is that I've been getting cross trained in different areas. My sfs coworker think it has been low because of shipt. We see a shipt employees several times a day. Have y'all noticed it at your stores?

I'm shocked that they even come to our store. Especially since we're not a super store.

Shipt barely comes through and barely makes a dent in our sales. I can make more in sales then shipt here, lol

I've only seen Shipt in our store once and she was holding another team member hostage.... having him find everything on their list. It was a the most ridiculous sight.

Oh no! Couldn't be me.

I see several a day (I'm in market) and I also work for shipt as a shopper on occasion.

Most Shipt buyers need some fresh stuff. So I don't think it is a direct competition for the most part.

I've noticed recently that our batches have gotten lower in the past month. I started as a seasonal sfs tm in November. I know our batches were huge because of the holidays. After the holidays we were getting about 150 a day and opu were jumping all day. Now we're getting about 30-60 a day. A perk since I'm finished about an 2 hours in my shift is that I've been getting cross trained in different areas. My sfs coworker think it has been low because of shipt. We see a shipt employees several times a day. Have y'all noticed it at your stores?

I work in a store that has no market, so no Shipt people, and our orders have slowed to a crawl, so idk if that's the case. I think it's just few orders rn; I hope it'll pick up a little as Easter nears. I love how we either have nothing to do or we're constantly close to blowing our deadline.

Love your username 👍

We don’t get much Shipt, if any at all. Batches at my store have been hovering at 200 eaches, with 150 eaches for OPU until around 2:30 when I leave for the day.

Considering my store is in the Shipt HQ market, I see Shipt a lot. Our orders have been the usual except for Friday. We finished and winded down super early.

Last edited:
Our OPU and SFS has definitely been down this month, but I think it’s just a slow time in general. Shipt is around 2% of our sales, there’s normally always atleast 1 or 2 shipt shoppers in our store. Not sure if that’s way above average or pretty typical though.

As far as sfs, your orders are completely configurable by spot. If they need or want to reduce your sfs hours they can lower the orders your store receives.

I don't think Shipt has anything to do with lower SFS/OPU orders, they're just victims of the same seasonal slowdown as the stores. Nov/Dec are just way different than the rest of the year.

When Shipt first launched they were largely limited to grocery, so stuff that doesn't qualify for SFS/OPU, anyway, and while people are allowed to order more GM stuff now, I don't know how big the selection is. I mostly see Shipters in grocery and rarely see them elsewhere in the store. I don't think there's much overlap there.

With the new ad I anticipate OPU/DU being busy this week. Gift card deals on formula, diapers, wipes, cosmetics, and cleaning products seem to get people ordering at my store typical. BOGO on all swim, sandals and flip-flops will also make things busy for flex this week and guest services processing returns next week.

With the new ad I anticipate OPU/DU being busy this week. Gift card deals on formula, diapers, wipes, cosmetics, and cleaning products seem to get people ordering at my store typical. BOGO on all swim, sandals and flip-flops will also make things busy for flex this week and guest services processing returns next week.

And one (of two) RFID scanners in our store is still broken. Cool! 😔

I don't think Shipt has anything to do with lower SFS/OPU orders, they're just victims of the same seasonal slowdown as the stores. Nov/Dec are just way different than the rest of the year.

When Shipt first launched they were largely limited to grocery, so stuff that doesn't qualify for SFS/OPU, anyway, and while people are allowed to order more GM stuff now, I don't know how big the selection is. I mostly see Shipters in grocery and rarely see them elsewhere in the store. I don't think there's much overlap there.

Ah. That makes since. I used to get a ton of grocery opu's. I had two regulars that always orderd 50 cans of fancy feast and cat litter and on that got five cases of bottled water.

We have been getting a steady uptick in Shipt. Probably 12-20 a day. Most Shipt people come in 2-4 times a day with 1-2 (sometimes 3) orders per visit. Probably 50/50 prepaid. We don't really have anyone who can do more than a super duper cursory audit on prepaids. OPU and service desk are overwhelmed with pick up and drive up. They have the SCO do the audit but they are also watching 4 SCO and having to wipe down and trouble shoot there. Sometimes 2 Shipt carts come up at once with 30+items in an overflowing cart. I highly suspect some are hiding their own stuff on the bottom of these full carts (not underneath just under lots of stuff and then when I find something they say "oh that was my personal stuff that was part of the order in in the top sitting area." They also are supposed to bag their own prepaid orders but make messes of the bags and make it difficult if not impossible to maintain social distancing. There really needs to be a better process in place.

There is, just have a floor team member do it. Everyone has access to the audit app. There is nothing that says front end has to do it. Just call someone like fast service.

Back