Archived Shoe issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else having major issues with an abundant amount of shoe clearance?

We won't set our back wall ontime there's to many shoes 4 flatbeds slash tubs in the back still and the entire back wall and multiple aisles are clearance runs.

Yep. We had to put shoes in RTW and Accessories. It looks so awful.

The DC is probably purging their stock. My store is having the same issue and I'm not looking forward to the next set of markdowns because it will probably be even worse. Right now my store has about 3flats of clearance shoes they are trying to push out, but not having much luck. Shoe clearance is also on the T-wall, which is never nice to look at.

Yep. We had to put shoes in RTW and Accessories. It looks so awful.

oh no! This solution had me laughing!
I know that sometimes it is difficult to put out clearance, but I still find it funny to have shoes in RTW.....especially when our RTW already has tons of clothing clearance racks, too!
Maybe stores ought to have special clearance specials....like one day only....buy one get three free!!

I usually put in a few shoe PTMs every few days to avoid dealing with a massive amount of clearance shoes. In the past few weeks, however, there wasn't even enough room for PTMs, so I inevitably got stuck with tons of clearance. I even spent an entire shift (very neatly, but quickly :p) trying to put it all out, and I couldn't finish.

I hate screwing up non-MPG POGS to put out clearance. :(

Anybody else having major issues with an abundant amount of shoe clearance?

We won't set our back wall ontime there's to many shoes 4 flatbeds slash tubs in the back still and the entire back wall and multiple aisles are clearance runs.

I noticed an enormous amount of shoe backstock last year (2010) when I was TL. It seemd that right after the 13.2 2010 summer software update that the shoes got out of control. This year it was better, but, you're right, we do have a lot of shoe clearance still staged in the backroom.

I hate to keep blaming the 13.2 2010 summer software update for everything, but in my opinion, it just made the backroom's workload heavier.

So much clearance in general, I've begun putting it on pallets so we have a couple vehicles left for autofills. Plus four pallets sounds much better than 3 flats and 14 tubs.

For us we just kept receiving the crap at the very last minute. Can't PTM and merch the stuff if it doesn't come ahead of time, pft.

After our remodel last year, I went from 24 aisles of shoes to 14. This has made sales slump, as our guests feel we don't have enough variety like we used to have. To an extent, I agree. Especially where men's and boy's shoes are concerned. Yes, we too have an over-abundance of clearance. My shoe department shares a T-wall with Accessories. Instead of putting clearance on the wall, we used the new ladies canvas planogram that was supposed to go on the back wall. Since we have a lot of slippers left, we didn't want to get rid of more baskets, as we needed them. This new planogram actually looks great on the T-wall. Try to keep clearance on back ends only. You may also need to take full planograms from the back ends and bring them to the front. This helps with how shoes looks, at least from a visual standpoint. I also took a convertible fixture and shelved it. With that, I added all the boxed slipper clearance onto it, (1 side for men's and 1 side for ladies). I rolled this in front of the T-wall. Keep in mind, most of the ladies shoe runs are PTM and you can pull the strips and reset these areas with your clearance. Don't get me wrong, it takes a full day of shifting, etc. But, in the end, it can be done. Also, when you first get your shoe transition manuals, don't wait for the Instocks Team, start randomly going around to each aisle and do a PTM pull yourself, if the aisle seems light. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. We still have 2 flats of clearance shoes left, but this week is quiet for Shoe transitions, so we are feeding this in slowly. I also find weekends seem to be the best for major shoe sales. Just make sure you've also signed the areas with big percentages and clearance signs. These seem to help sell the shoes better in our store when guest's see entire sections of clearance.

Shoe pricing is tomorrow!! And my PATL said those boots that we received a million of are going further! Too bad we still have pallets of them in the back!

Not looking forward to tomorrow's shoe clearance, plus they shifted sporting goods markdowns to tomorrow, on top of 3700 eaches over in household/personal/baby....stupid glade/febreeze/air wick candles taking another markdown.

oh no! This solution had me laughing!
I know that sometimes it is difficult to put out clearance, but I still find it funny to have shoes in RTW.....especially when our RTW already has tons of clothing clearance racks, too!
Maybe stores ought to have special clearance specials....like one day only....buy one get three free!!

Trust me, not my idea. I'm NiR so I don't get much say when execs and other TL's tell us it's gotta come out and we only have 12 aisles of shoes + the back wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back