Archived Shops At Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did everyone's Shops at Target do. Ours hasn't sold much. When I came back in Monday after setting it Sunday the endcaps were still full. Felt like I did all that work of getting the signs and product up for nothing.

DOA so far. Actually the signing was the best part of it, the products were not very unique at least so far.

Ugly clothes (for the guys at least), $5 Necco wafers, and overly expensive dog treats would have sold better during that after Christmas boutique thing.

Ditto here in Minnesota, our tm's have bought more than any guests have. Candy might do ok, but the rest isn't all that impressive but I agree the signing looks great.

Selling nothing in Hardlines, slightly more than nothing in Softlines. Two and a half days in, I'd say we may have moved about a thousand dollars total so far at my store.

we defected a broken piece of dinnerware today. Thats the most product thats moved off any end cap so far...

This merchandise is so dumb.It was hyped up to seem like it was unique merchandise from shops throughout the US, not merchandise similar to what we already sell. Why would someone pay $4.99 for a small jar of candy when you can get the same thing at see spot save without the plastic container for $1.

I too could not believe the candy! I thought it was all going to be unique, one-of-a-kind stuff. Most of it is dollar store candy! And for five and ten bucks? I laughed because on the package it says something about glass jars but Target used plastic...

This would've done better around the holidays (listening, Spot?).
The 'retro' candy is nothing like they sell at Cracker Barrel's general store.
Over-priced & over-hyped.

Complete dud. Talk about something that sounded like a good idea and then was completely wrecked in its execution. Where is the unique? Does unique mean higher price point now? And the candy just being higher priced versions of what we already sell has both guest and team members shaking their heads.

Plus, would anyone want to wear stuff with flamingos outside of Miami? Does anyone wear that stuff IN Miami?

It would've been cool to see a whole shop take over seasonal/mini, not and endcap here and there or a clothing rack or two.

It was overhyped.

It would've been cool to see a whole shop take over seasonal/mini, not and endcap here and there or a clothing rack or two.

It was overhyped.

This. I was disappointed at its setup. It may be a good use for seasonal/mini in January. I like the Privet House stuff. I'd buy more of it but it doesn't match the decor in my house very well.
I saw something about a second round in September. Maybe the Shops could occupy mini in between BTS and Halloween.

Target has done worse. A few years back we got several pallets of peanut butter jelly and walnut flavored off-brand soda. We loaded an end cap full of it, it hit 90% off with zero sales, and eventually you know where all those pallets went.....

Target has done worse. A few years back we got several pallets of peanut butter jelly and walnut flavored off-brand soda. We loaded an end cap full of it, it hit 90% off with zero sales, and eventually you know where all those pallets went.....

Your local food bank?

This. I was disappointed at its setup. It may be a good use for seasonal/mini in January. I like the Privet House stuff. I'd buy more of it but it doesn't match the decor in my house very well.
I saw something about a second round in September. Maybe the Shops could occupy mini in between BTS and Halloween.

that stuff is kinda cool, but who really has the decor to match a snake skin picture frame, candles look cool but we only have 2 and they stink horribly and are $15 :/ atleast we didnt get tons of it, only got 1-2 of each thing for hardlines

One of my execs bought the strawberry flavored candy things. Tasted a little weird, not something I'd get again.

I don't know about Hardlines but Softlines has sold fairly well except for the accessories.

One of my execs bought the strawberry flavored candy things. Tasted a little weird, not something I'd get again.

At least it wasn't the gummy fried eggs...

(Yes, I know they're vanilla. Still. Why??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back