Archived Short term disability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been out since the end of August due to taking care of my fiancé and finally got approved for short term disability but my question is for those who have taken short term disability when do the checks in? Thankfully I do have a EBT card which helps with groceries I am struggling financially. Any help would be appreciated

This is not something that happens automatically,you must contact Target Leave and Disability who will give you the details of the information they need,you sign a release for your Dr to provide them with the info they need to decide on your claim.I f your dr does not send the info they will deny your claim.It is in your interest to follow up with them to ensure your doc has given them the paperwork,if not You should go to his office and demand that it be done while you are there.I found them to be very efficient as long as they get the info they need.I got paid on my regular payday.

I did get approved they sent me a letter saying when I originally left and when I should come back October 30 and if anything changes give them a call so I definitely should be getting a check soon the question is will it be paper or direct deposit? I couldn't imagine direct deposit because they have to back from August any pay me from those days.

It should be direct deposit if you miss any pay period they will bill you for the benefit deductions that were missed,just a heads up as it can be a shock.

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

I didn't know you could get short term disability for the care of someone else who is not even a 'family' member. I didn't even think that would qualify for FMLA. Interesting.

When I had short-term disability for a major surgery earlier this year, my disability pay began 7 days after my "qualifying" date (for me, the day of my surgery). As far as actually getting the pay, it just came the same time and same way my regular paychecks did via direct deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back