Answered Should I be concerned over less hours?

Recently I have been getting less hours. Used to be 20+ a week yet next week I have only 6.5. Have only been working for a 1.5 months so not sure if this is normal. Can anyone offer some advice? Can I ask for more hours? Am a GA.

Am also working in a different department next week, does that have anything to do with it?

Recently I have been getting less hours. Used to be 20+ a week yet next week I have only 6.5. Have only been working for a 1.5 months so not sure if this is normal. Can anyone offer some advice? Can I ask for more hours? Am a GA.

Am also working in a different department next week, does that have anything to do with it?
It sucks to lose hours, but its pretty normal i know at my store weve cranked up the hiring and its just about splitting hours to get everyone ready for 4th quarter. Itll go up and down i wouldnt worry about a couple low weeks.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on the swap shift board and keep a clean red shirt in your car in case you get a call. This is one of the most ridiculous times of years for hours right now unfortunately.

It’s time to start hiring seasonals so we can spread out their training, a few/week is better than a dozen/week yes? And those new hires are getting a lot of hours so they can get their training. Leaders will throw a lot at them and see what they’re best at and build those talents up.

Getting less hours is rough and I do sympathize. I know what it feels like to only have 1-2 shifts. Talk to HR and your Leader(s) and let them know you want hours if they open up. Pinkie promise, HR prefers to start calling TMs in based on who’s most likely to say yes.

Back