Archived Should I be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I recently interviewed at target last monday. Got an offer for electronics . I have since received two emails one stating I had orientation on ocotober tenth then another with more details like telling me what to wear and to remember to bring in my documents . The last email told me to confirm by calling the HR office I did only a few minutes after receiving that email, and the HR guy said ok your confirmed, only to call about 5 minutes later and tell me that Im not seasonal (I thought I was) and that I would need to wait AGAIN for my orientation. He told me that electronics dept. is not a seasonal one......ok great at least I'm permanent but why cant I go into my orientation on monday like everyone else? am I being jerked around? can they take back my employment with them? is this normal for target. next week will make 3 weeks since I interviewed and was given an offer and still no orientation. I feel like this is un-fair and I have never witnessed a company being this disorganized so early on. what can I do?

Well if that orientation is only for seasonal employees - that might be why you're not supposed to attend that. I know there's always confusion with the initial email, they really need to fix the system. Did the HR guy tell you to wait on a call from them with a new orientation date?

He did after I called twice.....(I need this job badly) he said he would call me personally. I just fee like something funny is going on .

He did after I called twice.....(I need this job badly) he said he would call me personally. I just fee like something funny is going on .

You are being a little paranoid, they will call you. My store is doing three orientations in the next two weeks (Starbucks, Seasonal and Regular) so just be patient. They have no reason to string you along then drop you.

Seasonals are told they are pretty much gone in January and their orientation is different since they are only working when the store is really busy.

ok .
You are being a little paranoid, they will call you. My store is doing three orientations in the next two weeks (Starbucks, Seasonal and Regular) so just be patient. They have no reason to string you along then drop you.

Seasonals are told they are pretty much gone in January and their orientation is different since they are only working when the store is really busy.

:( I am being paranoid. I'm just really in need of a job right now.

There are new training materials for Starbucks, including a new video/learning journal and workbook. Just sayin' :D.

I have to call corpotate on them still no call and no dates for the orientation in sight ,

Don't call Corporate. Corporate has no idea when the next Orientation at the stores are. We always wait until we have a few people to do the orientation. Sometimes that can take 2 weeks. Our HR ETL does the orientations. Maybe the HR ETL is on vacation, sick, had a family emergency etc. Call the store and ask to be transferred to HR. Ask HR if they have a day/time for the non-seasonal Orientation yet. If your background check came back clear you have nothing to worry about. I got lucky and had my orientation 2 days after my job offer but sometimes there is a wait.

I called back this morning ........A different guy told me I was already in the system for orientation on monday. the same date in an email they told me to ignore. So I'm going to show up on monday hoping that he knows whats he's talking about. Why would they tell me to ignore that date in the email, tell me to come in on another date in another email, have me confirm that date only to call back and cancel and then tell me they would contact me again. THEN never call again to confirm ? are all targets this unorganized in HR? If i never called today i would of missed my orientation on monday waiting for HR to call. wtf! I don't even feel secure going in there monday. I feel like I'm gonna show up and there is no orientation because they are not organized and don't know whats going on.

Last edited:
It's better to show up that day and be told it will be a different day than potentially lose out on the job because you were unsure. Once you're in things will be more smooth. Probably.

I called back this morning ........A different guy told me I was already in the system for orientation on monday. the same date in an email they told me to ignore. So I'm going to show up on monday hoping that he knows whats he's talking about. Why would they tell me to ignore that date in the email, tell me to come in on another date in another email, have me confirm that date only to call back and cancel and then tell me they would contact me again. THEN never call again to confirm ? are all targets this unorganized in HR? If i never called today i would of missed my orientation on monday waiting for HR to call. wtf! I don't even feel secure going in there monday. I feel like I'm gonna show up and there is no orientation because they are not organized and don't know whats going on.

No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back