Should I be worried?

Hey everyone!

Today, our PML came up to me and asked me if I was using [blank] numbered device because it is missing and I was the last person logged into it. It was the device I used yesterday.. and I 100% know that I had logged out, put it back in its charging station, and signed it back in on the sheet with an exact time (and am likely on camera doing so.) I have always been very good with putting my devices away. Should I be concerned that this device is missing? Is it likely that another TM just took the device but hadn’t logged in yet, or that it wasn’t properly updated? I can’t help but feel somewhat responsible, even though I know I did my part. Opinions?

Thanks in advance!

If you put it back and signed it out/in you should be fine.

The device tracking is wonky, IMO. I got called in by my ETL once during a shift about a device. I hadn't signed it out/in, because we'd just started signing them back out again and I hadn't really realized it yet, but I had docked it at the end of the night after my last shift, as usual.

...and it's my usual device, I was wearing it when she called me into the office, so it was easy enough to show it was there. It had been there for 3 days, I'm pretty sure, as I can usually tell that I'm the only one that uses that particular device. No idea why a) the system registered it as missing and b) nobody bothered to look on the numbered dock station for the device to see if it was there, but whatever. My ETL told me that as long as I was docking the device and signing it out/in, there's nothing to be worried about.

PML here. The device does not long you out 100% of the time on the cradle, unless you log yourself out of the device yourself. So you did the correct thing and I thank you for that since I know the pain of searching for these things, thank you.

There is a chance that the device was taken and not logged into yet. It has happened before to me. It all depends on when audits are done and when the TM logs into it, the update doesn't happen right away.

If you are accused then I suggest going to AP. I have in the past over devices not signed out and being used under another TMs numbers(I can figure that out easily). If there is camera footage, you're all set.

Also, check back in a day. Whoever had your device would have to eventually log into it. If they didn't (unlikely) then the device should be brought back

To piggy back on @NXT, if you signed it out and in on the log then it goes missing a day after your shift, it’s a little obvious someone else grabbed the device and didn’t log in to it. Even if it was never signed out on the log there are obvious clues as to whether the last user was the person who lost the device.

The conversation you had was just the first step in finding a device, not an accusation that you lost it. Gotta start looking somewhere, right?

Also make sure the cradle light is on when you dock it. We found out we had a faulty cradle dock when mine supposedly went missing in the system.

Back