Should I quit or put my 2 weeks in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE READ TILL THE END!
Hey guys! So I have already posted a thread before where I told you guys about how I wanted to leave (even though I have barely worked 3 proper shifts) because my schedule was just too much with my school. But I listened to some of y’all and decided to stay a little longer and see how it goes. But I can’t you guys. I have worked at target before, it was a different store than the one I am working at right now, but that one was a great experience. This store, ugh, I hate the thought of even having to go back. I hate the HR woman, I changed my availability, she still scheduled me those days next 2 weeks. EVEN THOUGH I SPOKE TO HER ABOUT IT. She is sooo dry and just bitchy. My TLs are low key bitches!
But so my next shift is Tuesday and I just can’t do it. Should I quit or put my 2 weeks? I know you can go in your target workday and resign from home. Does resign mean I don’t come no more at all or do I have to finish my 2 weeks?
Also, i have heard if you quit, they NEVER rehire. Is that true? Cuz honestly that worries me lol, especially now that they’ll start @ 15$ from 2020.
Oh and I have never quit a job lol, so if I want to do that what do I do call them and tell them I quit or what?
Please give me some real honest advice !!!! Anything is appreciated

Last edited:
Hey guys! So I have already posted a thread before where I told you guys about how I wanted to leave (even though I have barely worked 3 proper shifts) because my schedule was just too much with my school. But I listened to some of y’all and decided to stay a little longer and see how it goes. But I can’t you guys. I have worked at target before, it was a different store than the one I am working at right now, but that one was a great experience. This store, ugh, I hate the thought of even having to go back. I hate the HR woman, I changed my availability, she still scheduled me those days next 2 weeks. EVEN THOUGH I SPOKE TO HER ABOUT IT. She is sooo dry and just bitchy. My TLs are low key bitches!
But so my next shift is Tuesday and I just can’t do it. Should I quit or put my 2 weeks? I know you can go in your target workday and resign from home. Does resign mean I don’t come no more at all or do I have to finish my 2 weeks?
Also, i have heard if you quit, they NEVER rehire. Is that true? Cuz honestly that worries me lol, especially now that they’ll start @ 15$ from 2020.
Please give me some real honest advice !!!! Anything is appreciated

If you have even the smallest idea you might want to get rehired, put in your two weeks and work it. You could put your shifts up for grabs. But don't do a bunch of no call no shows and then complain later on you're not rehirable. That's on you.

Unless you give two weeks notice and work your shifts or get them covered, you won’t be rehirable. Best advice I can give you is leave in a way that you can come back if you want to, but honestly Spot isn’t a great place to work anymore, and $15 an hour doesn’t count for much when you go for months on end scheduled for four hours a week and no possibility of qualifying for benefits. Good luck!

If you have even the smallest idea you might want to get rehired, put in your two weeks and work it. You could put your shifts up for grabs. But don't do a bunch of no call no shows and then complain later on you're not rehirable. That's on you.
I tried doing that! But I just don’t understand how this store works. All i see is pending requests. Intact 2 of mine even got cancelled. Even though they are a week away.

Always best to not burn bridges.

I've walked out on two jobs after only being there 2 days. But I knew after even those 2 days, I'd never go back. So yeah, don't burn bridges, but also don't waste their time if you arent going to come back. Why keep training you if you are quitting?

Unless you give two weeks notice and work your shifts or get them covered, you won’t be rehirable. Best advice I can give you is leave in a way that you can come back if you want to, but honestly Spot isn’t a great place to work anymore, and $15 an hour doesn’t count for much when you go for months on end scheduled for four hours a week and no possibility of qualifying for benefits. Good luck!
Yeah that’s what’s my boyfriend said to that it’s not like it’s some corporate job. Back in 2017 when I worked in Chicago. I loved it. But this store, it’s just sooo much different and they were like yeah it’s different policies now.

I've walked out on two jobs after only being there 2 days. But I knew after even those 2 days, I'd never go back. So yeah, don't burn bridges, but also don't waste their time if you arent going to come back. Why keep training you if you are quitting?
I get you!
They didn’t train me. I remembered everything. My TL took my test on my first day and the only 3 shifts I have done I have been by myself doing everything

Just quit. Being black listed will only mean you won’t lower yourself back to that level again and hopefully find a much better job that will treat you better. You don’t owe them anything and anyone telling you to “do the right thing” and not to burn your bridges is only enabling you to come back to such an awful company that wouldn’t think twice about firing you if given the chance.

Do yourself a favor and get out and never come back they don’t give two fucks about you or your school schedule. They proved that by scheduling outside of your availability and not working with it.

Love the collaboration guys, you guys all sound like quality, honest, reliable and dignified human beings.

Once you finish school you can get a much better job, more challenging and pays more, than Target. I made $18/hr at my last job and it barely required an associate's degree.

Make school your priority and don't worry about burning bridges. These kinds of unskilled labor jobs come a dime a dozen.

You need to make the decision alone, not us. Your best bet is to work the whole 2 weeks after notice is given.

Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"

Regret is not your friend.

You need to make the decision alone, not us. Your best bet is to work the whole 2 weeks after notice is given.

Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"

Regret is not your friend.
Will it ask me to finish my 2 weeks or will it ask me last day? Or resign automatically means you are gonna complete your 2 weeks from now?

Will it ask me to finish my 2 weeks or will it ask me last day? Or resign automatically means you are gonna complete your 2 weeks from now?
Whatever date you put is your resignation date, put it for 2 weeks out if you're staying or make it today and give a courtesy call that you quit or NCNS (your choice).

Whatever date you put is your resignation date, put it for 2 weeks out if you're staying or make it today and give a courtesy call that you quit or NCNS (your choice).
can I just resign and put today’s date. I work tomorrow and I really don’t wanna go. I don’t wanna have to talk to anyone either. I don’t like the whole just don’t show up thing. So if I resign through the workday and put today’s date, that’s it? I am done? Nobody would call me or anything right?

can I just resign and put today’s date. I work tomorrow and I really don’t wanna go. I don’t wanna have to talk to anyone either. I don’t like the whole just don’t show up thing. So if I resign through the workday and put today’s date, that’s it? I am done? Nobody would call me or anything right?
They might reach out to you if they give a shit, if you put today then technically you don't have to go in tomorrow, but don't expect to be welcomed back if you apply in the future like @NightStocker said. It'd be a bit more decent if you at least called in and tell them you're quitting on such short notice.

They might reach out to you if they give a shit, if you put today then technically you don't have to go in tomorrow, but don't expect to be welcomed back if you apply in the future like @NightStocker said. It'd be a bit more decent if you at least called in and tell them you're quitting on such short notice.
That’s the whole thing lol! I am really bad at these kinda conversations! I’d rather just finish my 2 weeks if I wanted to talk to someone lol. I just don’t wanna do and don’t wanna talk to anybody. That’s why I was hoping I could just do it through workday and that’s it! Also, they are never gonna rehire me, so what do I need to be decent for? Plus they haven’t been the nicest! I changed my availability, I spoke to the HR woman about it to, she still scheduled me however she wanted. That’s kinda why I don’t wanna go tomorrow either

Suppose you need a part time job at Christmas, next year. Quit today & you wont be hired from any target store.

Last edited:
That’s the whole thing lol! I am really bad at these kinda conversations! I’d rather just finish my 2 weeks if I wanted to talk to someone lol. I just don’t wanna do and don’t wanna talk to anybody. That’s why I was hoping I could just do it through workday and that’s it! Also, they are never gonna rehire me, so what do I need to be decent for? Plus they haven’t been the nicest! I changed my availability, I spoke to the HR woman about it to, she still scheduled me however she wanted. That’s kinda why I don’t wanna go tomorrow either
If you really don't want to talk to anyone you could just ignore their calls, wait for your last check in the mail, and never set foot in that store ever again lol

So this is an interesting thread, because I totally just decided last night that I have to GTFO. I feel you on all of the above but, honestly? I think it would feel pretty amazing to call in and say, "This is Zmaar, I submitted my resignation on Workday, and I quit effective immediately." CLICK.

Thank you for your help everyone! I got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back