Archived Should I take AP position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I was looking for some advice. I'm brand new to Target (1 month) however, I come from working at BestBuy for 6 years. Yesterday I ran into our APTL, and after telling him that I have experience as AP at Bestbuy, he seemed excited and asked me if I would like to apply for an open AP spot. He told me he would pay me more then what I'm making currently ($13) and would wave the 90 day period. Sounded Good to me!
However, after speaking to the our TPS, he informed me that their district manger is trying to get ride of their positions because recovery rate is so low, but he feels like their recovery rate is low because they need a 3rd person.
Should I take the job? It would be more money, and looks good on a resume for my field, however job security is questionable.
What do you guys think is future for Target's Assets Protection?
Thanks

Hey so I was looking for some advice. I'm brand new to Target (1 month) however, I come from working at BestBuy for 6 years. Yesterday I ran into our APTL, and after telling him that I have experience as AP at Bestbuy, he seemed excited and asked me if I would like to apply for an open AP spot. He told me he would pay me more then what I'm making currently ($13) and would wave the 90 day period. Sounded Good to me!
However, after speaking to the our TPS, he informed me that their district manger is trying to get ride of their positions because recovery rate is so low, but he feels like their recovery rate is low because they need a 3rd person.
Should I take the job? It would be more money, and looks good on a resume for my field, however job security is questionable.
What do you guys think is future for Target's Assets Protection?
Thanks
In my opinion and it definitely depends on the store but TPS is such a boring position if you do what you’re supposed to. You’re basically a door guard, check receipts, help woth merch protection and the occasional app. I know stores definitely have more involved TPS in the apprehension process but technically you don’t do much and are just a presence to help deter. If it’s something you like then go for it!

Go for it, even if they eliminate the position later they'll just move you to a different position. And let you keep your pay if it's higher than you'd be paid otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back