Should I tell my coworkers I’m switching departments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue wasn't the initial question of when is the right time. The issue is all the drama. You sound like you've reverted back to 16-18 and not like a mature adult who has left such cliquish behavior behind years ago. That's what you really need to do, is be matter of fact and lose the gossip/worry about gossip indulgence.

Once you've done that, you will see it's not worth all this negative thinking you are having.
Reread the thread. The drama came from the people being rude for no reason. OP has the right to respond to people being snarky without cause.

Initial post, sentences 4, 5, 7 and some of 8. Thats high school age drama.
OP knows her coworkers better than we do. I just don't see the point of ridiculing someone for a pretty innocuous question. Sometimes people stress over things and realize later that it was for nothing. We are all human. Very easy to answer a question without criticism, is all I'm saying.

OP's initial post made it sound as if the switch was kind of a promotion and it had the vibe of expecting her coworkers to be jealous. That's where this thread went off the rails. HRTM isn't a promotion. It's just another TM.

OP's initial post made it sound as if the switch was kind of a promotion and it had the vibe of expecting her coworkers to be jealous. That's where this thread went off the rails. HRTM isn't a promotion. It's just another TM.
I didn't get that vibe. To me it seemed they were just worried that their coworkers would be upset that they were leaving the department, especially without telling them, and that because there had been some stuff said that was unflattering about HR, maybe the TMs would be petty about it and possibly badmouth the OP.

I didn't get that vibe. To me it seemed they were just worried that their coworkers would be upset that they were leaving the department, especially without telling them, and that because there had been some stuff said that was unflattering about HR, maybe the TMs would be petty about it and possibly badmouth the OP.
And that gossiping and worrying about cattiness isn't high school teen behavior?

Oh, for fucks sake.
Can we just not?
At what point did we need to turn this into a trainwreck?
I think we have covered everything we need to here.
Thread Lock.
Chill out people.

ScornfulWanCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back