Should I tell my TL about a spreadsheet I made

Batteryguy556

Repent
So I work in tech and I decided to make a little sheet to fill in for consumer cellular customers with all the account info they need. Basically I would give said sheet to the customer after I set up their phone so they have an easier time. I made one copy at home and I want to make more at work but I'm afraid they'll reprimand me for working off the clock. Should I just keep it to myself or tell them?

Solution
I’ve done this many times for things that made the department better then what actually Corp would give. Did the work then saved it as a file that was compatible with the lovely computers. Then I sent it to my work email. At times even worked on it while on the clock so I covered all the bases. The overall result it worked out guests love all the feedback we can give/show for the products we sell. Our guests have gotten picky the last few years on being helped they aren’t pleased when someone just looks a item info up on .com so don’t know if what I helped make better made that part worse. Many Tms/Tls & Etls have been chewed out on it by our guests.
Our guys have a couple of sheets they hand out. 1 for what they will need to switch to CC, and 1 with information they can use about their phones and service. Kind of a tech support to go.

If you are using the one you made, you need to tell your TL. Ask for some time to make up a version of it, then use that. Lie by omission, I guess.

Our guys have a couple of sheets they hand out. 1 for what they will need to switch to CC, and 1 with information they can use about their phones and service. Kind of a tech support to go.

If you are using the one you made, you need to tell your TL. Ask for some time to make up a version of it, then use that. Lie by omission, I guess.
oh well, i just went ahead and told her. she thinks it's a good idea.

I’ve done this many times for things that made the department better then what actually Corp would give. Did the work then saved it as a file that was compatible with the lovely computers. Then I sent it to my work email. At times even worked on it while on the clock so I covered all the bases. The overall result it worked out guests love all the feedback we can give/show for the products we sell. Our guests have gotten picky the last few years on being helped they aren’t pleased when someone just looks a item info up on .com so don’t know if what I helped make better made that part worse. Many Tms/Tls & Etls have been chewed out on it by our guests.

Solution
I'm afraid to ask.
Maybe I'm missing something, cause I'm old and not hip to the new jive.
But why is it "uber cringe"?
"Cringe" is already played out in my opinion. Adding "uber" makes it worse. Plus, I don't see how what @Batteryguy556 was "uber cringe" in any way, so the phrase does not make sense in this case. Also, I don't think the "the" was needed.

Oh damn, remember The The?

Last edited:
Back