MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I met with my HR ETL today and brought her the paperwork. She said that it's pretty outdated and they don't use it anymore...basically gave me the same generic speech about how we don't have enough payroll, etc. I'll admit I don't know the first thing about how payroll or scheduling works, but I think you're right that my hours are being used elsewhere. The only problem is that if the ETLs and HR are aware of that and doing it intentionally, then there is not really anyone that I can reach out to at store level to help fix it. It's pretty disheartening, to be honest. I appreciate all of the feedback and responses so thank you!!! but for now it seems like things are going to remain the same.

Ugh. sorry you didn't get a better answer.

I met with my HR ETL today and brought her the paperwork. She said that it's pretty outdated and they don't use it anymore...basically gave me the same generic speech about how we don't have enough payroll, etc. I'll admit I don't know the first thing about how payroll or scheduling works, but I think you're right that my hours are being used elsewhere. The only problem is that if the ETLs and HR are aware of that and doing it intentionally, then there is not really anyone that I can reach out to at store level to help fix it. It's pretty disheartening, to be honest. I appreciate all of the feedback and responses so thank you!!! but for now it seems like things are going to remain the same.
Dtl? HRDTL? 800# @Hardlinesmaster pop up grand one!! The number is listed under his name :D along with a dozen other numbers :rolleyes:. Ask for an updated one if that is outdated. Cuz if there isn't an updated one. It's still current I'd have to believe right?

For? I think it is maybe different by market. What do you have?
I just saw a thing about this week's...no time unless the dtl pitches a fit.

Anyone else getting the raised planting bed display in seasonal that didn't have it before? Can't tell if I'm looking for a display box or building out of box stock (that had an ets of 3/26 for a 3/20 set date pog).

I love the newer zone assist fixtures so much better than the old ones. It is about damn time they are rolled out across more departments. I just hope all our fixtures actually arrive in time to set healthcare early as planned.
I'm really hoping they get rid the the old ones all together. They have no good use at all in my opinion.

For releases, is under Plano. Electronics hours were taken extra time on covering there.
We have an electronics tm who works Monday night 1pm to 7pm to set tune in Tuesday. He opens Tuesday 7am and works entertainment revisions. He opens Friday 7am to set Friday releases and works through remaining salesplanners and revisions.

Yeah. We're pretty low-volume (not sure if just LV or ULV), so our salesfloor coverage until 2:30 p.m. consists of the Pricing and Plano teams (5 or 6 TMs total), and our VMTL. Shit, our STL half the time is pushing the truck or setting salesplanners.

I'm just curious on your availability. I know asants but I'm interested in the 6am and 4th quarter 4am stores. Have you guys had availability issues where you won't be able to come in as early as 4am due to family life? Was losing your position at risk?

I'm just curious on your availability. I know asants but I'm interested in the 6am and 4th quarter 4am stores. Have you guys had availability issues where you won't be able to come in as early as 4am due to family life? Was losing your position at risk?
Are you signing or Plano? If you are signing you will likely continue on as you are. Plano will likely distribute you to areas within your availability.

Are you signing or Plano? If you are signing you will likely continue on as you are. Plano will likely distribute you to areas within your availability.
Our pptl is pretty chill with shift times outside of big sets. I have weekend people, somebody who did closing shifts, I've come in before the team...a staggered crew gives more coverage on the floor without using sales floor payroll so it's in their favor.

I'm a signing tm. I can completely handle any big transitions myself besides Christmas trees. It's this time around that my etl wants me to come in with the Plano team and if I can't, I'll have to demote!!! I really don't feel is fair. It's the ups and downs that my etl has to think about clearly. Adjusting my availability and still getting the work done or putting someone else with little Plano experience much less signing and adding more payroll because the work can't be done on time. It's just ridiculous!

I'm a signing tm. I can completely handle any big transitions myself besides Christmas trees. It's this time around that my etl wants me to come in with the Plano team and if I can't, I'll have to demote!!! I really don't feel is fair. It's the ups and downs that my etl has to think about clearly. Adjusting my availability and still getting the work done or putting someone else with little Plano experience much less signing and adding more payroll because the work can't be done on time. It's just ridiculous!
Well the thing is most signing TM's work hand in hand with the Plano team. And for business needs it works much better to work with them. And in some of the notes it even says the signing TM needs to work with Plano. Ergo, you kinda need to adjust YOUR schedule. Inconvenient yes, but it's not the norm. And it's a short, very short term problem. And not a very unreasonable one.

did you guys received a pallet for the week of march 20? I didnt get any pallet. im missing the bp for mini and fixtures for HIA Set.

Well the thing is most signing TM's work hand in hand with the Plano team. And for business needs it works much better to work with them. And in some of the notes it even says the signing TM needs to work with Plano. Ergo, you kinda need to adjust YOUR schedule. Inconvenient yes, but it's not the norm. And it's a short, very short term problem. And not a very unreasonable one.
My hours match plano. They always have for the signing tm.

Back