MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

My store (if you will be on the floor, at all...) requires you wear Khaki's, a red shirt with no logo's and a pair of Swamp Nuts (or equivalent if you identify as a woman).

Thank you guys, I will be reading up on those links. Also, @Signduck -- Lmao! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. If by Friday things aren't tied will I be able to post them here and see where you guys put them?

This is my tub right now. The bins are from the dollar store. Stuff can fall out the back if it's too full. Right now there's one for Xmas tree clips, canoe clips, and the other kind clear, two pieces (sorry past bedtime and 9hrs sleep since Sunday morning).
Bottom bin spots have duster tells, gloves, tape rolls, double sided precut pieces. I've got two more bins for these in my car.

The little stand up pieces between the bins and the open section have my one- up poles, 3ft label holders, 4ft label holders, 4ft sticky label holders, and usually some size of ism strip holder (the ones that slide over label holders). The open section has full boxes of label holders, spare headers for online trend runs, woodgrain, etc.

It needs organized but I've just not got time.

Feel free to ask where signs might go. I took over a similar headache last year when i moved to signing. First thing i did was sort into chronological order after making boxes with pog name and date. My stl can walk by and see how long stuff had been waiting if the pptl steals my hours to do pog/ pricing instead of catching up

Attachments

• 20160706_100649.jpg
    20160706_100649.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
Do most stores have these tubs for there signing/Plano team? My store does not have one of these and it looks like it could save a lot of trips on larger projects.

My store has one of those tubs. No one was using it and I could not understand why. It was always fully loaded up with peghooks, label holders, peghooks backers, inventory control clips, shelves, you name it. So I commandeered it for salesplanners.

Do most stores have these tubs for there signing/Plano team? My store does not have one of these and it looks like it could save a lot of trips on larger projects.
Its 400-500 iirc to order. Drop shipped from china...might have been as cheap as 300, but still.

They SUCK!!! That being said, I have one for storage :D. It's a monster and clutter catcher. Some ppl like it some don't. We commendeered a flat top tub for Plano and have 6 grey tubs. Pegs, fast backs, label holders, fencing dividers, cleaning supplies, different odds and ends. Our team lead that came from a diff state had one like it at his old store. It only follows at big sets other wise they grab what's enough and bring it with them.

Top is 12"

Middle 9"

Bottom 6"

Thing on left is a bracket for valance.

Thing on right was used to hold up chose well signs last time, they worked great and by great I mean not at all.

Did I win?
Damn close!
16",12",6" no 9" tho!!! :)

I have one but it's stuck in the fixture room behind the new mess. My new mobile signing unit is a plastic tub full of the normal stuff I need. I generally just use a shopping cart too.

This is my tub right now. The bins are from the dollar store. Stuff can fall out the back if it's too full. Right now there's one for Xmas tree clips, canoe clips, and the other kind clear, two pieces (sorry past bedtime and 9hrs sleep since Sunday morning).
Bottom bin spots have duster tells, gloves, tape rolls, double sided precut pieces. I've got two more bins for these in my car.

The little stand up pieces between the bins and the open section have my one- up poles, 3ft label holders, 4ft label holders, 4ft sticky label holders, and usually some size of ism strip holder (the ones that slide over label holders). The open section has full boxes of label holders, spare headers for online trend runs, woodgrain, etc.

It needs organized but I've just not got time.

Feel free to ask where signs might go. I took over a similar headache last year when i moved to signing. First thing i did was sort into chronological order after making boxes with pog name and date. My stl can walk by and see how long stuff had been waiting if the pptl steals my hours to do pog/ pricing instead of catching up

I want this tub. Like, now. But I'd bet that my store wouldn't approve the purchase :mad:

I want this tub. Like, now. But I'd bet that my store wouldn't approve the purchase :mad:

The tub sat in back for a while supposedly for plano but they never used it so I labeled it the Signing Tank and made it my own.
I had pieces that you 'used to be able to?'/ 'can?' order to turn a shopping cart into a signing cart and added them on.
It was pretty badass if I don't say so myself until a new PTL decided it wasn't brand and on when I was out sick cut some of the pieces off.

Did the bts focals kick anyone else's assess? 2.5hrs and 3.5hrs my ass. :mad:

Three days to build them because I had no room and every guest insisted I help then instead of my team, right next to me, not sitting on the ground surrounded by pieces.

Thank goodness that's over.

Did the bts focals kick anyone else's assess? 2.5hrs and 3.5hrs my ass. :mad:

Three days to build them because I had no room and every guest insisted I help then instead of my team, right next to me, not sitting on the ground surrounded by pieces.

Thank goodness that's over.
I had my plano team build them the team member who set the focal is required to build it they first set and stocked a full 20ft plano then started the focal it took them about 6 hours to build each one. last part of one shift first part of the next.

I had my plano team build them the team member who set the focal is required to build it they first set and stocked a full 20ft plano then started the focal it took them about 6 hours to build each one. last part of one shift first part of the next.

I built all of it, besides like 5 blue end cap shippers I gave to an Intern when I was extremely "over it" LOL...

Yes, the First Focal I built (Yoobi, which IMO was THE WORST) kicked my ass, the second one went a lot smoother

I built all of it, besides like 5 blue end cap shippers I gave to an Intern when I was extremely "over it" LOL...

Yes, the First Focal I built (Yoobi, which IMO was THE WORST) kicked my ass, the second one went a lot smoother
I did them opposite. Had to bust out the double sick foam tape for yoobi. Plus help with the backpack tubes.

I built everything except a box worth of notebook shippers. I had help for pay off a day and that's what we did ahead of time.

I'm thinking of opening up the Yoobi focal and sticking a metal bar inside the top shelf fold because the comp. notebooks on top are just warping it down with all the overpush going on.

We did the backpack focal first and the estimated time was complete nonsense for sure. Was assembling it with my PTL and another POG team member came over asking wtf we were talking about when we were doing the backpack tubes, having heard things like, "you're lined up with the hole on this side, push! harder than that" and "it's going in, pusher harder, twist it in some maybe" -_-

The metal bar is a good idea. The tiny screws are so difficult to work with that we just used xmas tree clips and vikings, but I'm worried those may not hold up well enough now knowing how much weight is on them. Totally was not expecting them to think putting notebooks in cardboard bins supported by more cardboard could have ever possibly have been a good idea.

Some people will put a dog's face in the mess it made and tell it no -- I would take some of those shipper designers by the ear and mash their face into the wrongness of several shipper design flaws (especially the free-standing upright shippers which call for bolting the bottom tray to the inside of the trifold legs, rather than just putting the legs inside the bottom tray like a reasonable person would =P

They over pushed my yoobi and broke the front plexiglass bin. In one goddamm weekend. It won't last a month at this rate.

Forget the over push warping the shelves...

Back