MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

unfortunately my flow team doesn't know how to read, so there are a TON of displays backstocked in plug/all over steel that I'm going to have to fish for eventually... hopefully they come out in the pulls this time

unfortunately my flow team doesn't know how to read, so there are a TON of displays backstocked in plug/all over steel that I'm going to have to fish for eventually... hopefully they come out in the pulls this time
I think that's how it's supposed to be done.

I took one of the random pallets of fixtures and garbage down from the steel above the signing area and stuck it on the floor in the fixture room. Then created a backroom location in the new space and we've just been backstocking displays there. So it's backstocked like it's supposed to be but it also all in the same spot so the signing TM can go through them if need be.

I think that's how it's supposed to be done.

I took one of the random pallets of fixtures and garbage down from the steel above the signing area and stuck it on the floor in the fixture room. Then created a backroom location in the new space and we've just been backstocking displays there. So it's backstocked like it's supposed to be but it also all in the same spot so the signing TM can go through them if need be.

Our store doesn't backstock it either. They make us stack in a pallets and have it staged. I never really looked but do they have the display's DPCI? I think most people think it'll pull during CAFs/AF

Our store doesn't backstock it either. They make us stack in a pallets and have it staged. I never really looked but do they have the display's DPCI? I think most people think it'll pull during CAFs/AF

It will only pull in a POG Fill, as CAF's/AFs won't replenish items that aren't sold, etc...

Bye FAR the most annoying part of this rollout is the stickering of Displays with new DPCI's, whoever thought that was a good idea without adding extra time to do is a fuckin idiot....

*stares at Window/Shower Curtains, and 5 pages of stickers*

We actually are technically backstocking them...in a single BR location that was created in the signing area steel.

They supposedly only pull in POG batches.

I'd love to have a designated space to backstock all of the displays but I can't even get anyone to listen to me about making a space for shippers either. Those also get dumped at the end of the line. And then I have to clean up. I've comandeered 2 flats that now stay in the fixture room, one with displays, one with shippers.

My TL thinks Plano will be able to set all of small apps by Tuesday so I am hoping I can jump in then to start setting displays.

I'd love to have a designated space to backstock all of the displays but I can't even get anyone to listen to me about making a space for shippers either. Those also get dumped at the end of the line. And then I have to clean up. I've comandeered 2 flats that now stay in the fixture room, one with displays, one with shippers.

My TL thinks Plano will be able to set all of small apps by Tuesday so I am hoping I can jump in then to start setting displays.

I set a lot of mine before Plano, mostly because they piss me off...

but also because we have the product in the backroom to sell already, so..... sales.

Wow, displays aren't the part of the Signing Ninja's workload anymore?
How did that happen?
It was always an issue with where to put the damn things.
At least I had the steel in the fixture Room.

It will only pull in a POG Fill, as CAF's/AFs won't replenish items that aren't sold, etc...

Bye FAR the most annoying part of this rollout is the stickering of Displays with new DPCI's, whoever thought that was a good idea without adding extra time to do is a fuckin idiot....

Well.. My store also tends to do more POG fills than manuals to fill the floor...

Wow, displays aren't the part of the Signing Ninja's workload anymore?
How did that happen?
It was always an issue with where to put the damn things.
At least I had the steel in the fixture Room.
Yes and no. So if pog is setting & they are here, they should set. After a discussion with pog TL it has been decided between us that it will be my issue to take care of after the fact.
But in reality they should all be here before pog sets *bahahahahhaha* like that really happens! It reality because the things have locations, if it comes in after, flow should set. But in my store it is not deemed part of flow work load. So take it as you will.

Yeah, I just tossed those (well, i kept one set for reference down the road) . How the heck is a sticker going to stay on a curtain. I've also not bothered with some of the fussy fixtures they sent them for.

My small apps are sorted into pallets, with layers alternating between displays and sellable product. It's a joke. I was going to give them space in my steel but the brtl is a douche so fuck him. He doesn't backstock them, they don't pull and I make sure to not have extra time till weeks post set to sorry it out if pog doesn't. Hopefully new etl-log will fix things a bit.

Yeah, I just tossed those (well, i kept one set for reference down the road) . How the heck is a sticker going to stay on a curtain. I've also not bothered with some of the fussy fixtures they sent them for.

My small apps are sorted into pallets, with layers alternating between displays and sellable product. It's a joke. I was going to give them space in my steel but the brtl is a douche so fuck him. He doesn't backstock them, they don't pull and I make sure to not have extra time till weeks post set to sorry it out if pog doesn't. Hopefully new etl-log will fix things a bit.

I've made a ring binder for all my duplicate display labels and unused stickers that are active on POG, waiting for display to come in. Have had a few missing displays come in after researching so the new system does work. I figure keeping everything together will come in handy if something goes missing on the salesfloor.

I try to put up every sticker/display label I can, when it makes sense. A couple of times I have had instocks asking about a display DPCI because it has shown up in what they need to scan for the day.

I've made a ring binder for all my duplicate display labels and unused stickers that are active on POG, waiting for display to come in. Have had a few missing displays come in after researching so the new system does work. I figure keeping everything together will come in handy if something goes missing on the salesfloor.

I try to put up every sticker/display label I can, when it makes sense. A couple of times I have had instocks asking about a display DPCI because it has shown up in what they need to scan for the day.
I have an accordion folder. Sorted by section when they come in. Duplicates in the back until everything is sorted. Some of my researched displays have come, others not. But I'm not stickering curtains or sheets.

I have an accordion folder. Sorted by section when they come in. Duplicates in the back until everything is sorted. Some of my researched displays have come, others not. But I'm not stickering curtains or sheets.

I totally agree on not stickering curtains, they are maintained by a 3rd party vendor anyway, at least at my store. Let her figure it out! Though, I feel like I did not receive curtain stickers, but I did get them for sheet swatches which are currently sitting in my maybe-I-will-get-to-this-someday pile (ha ha).

I am also still waiting on some ordered displays, some from baby, some from electronics. But with this new way of doing it, I finally got a car seat display I have been missing for a year despite ordering repeatedly on SAP. :eek:

I totally agree on not stickering curtains, they are maintained by a 3rd party vendor anyway, at least at my store. Let her figure it out! Though, I feel like I did not receive curtain stickers, but I did get them for sheet swatches which are currently sitting in my maybe-I-will-get-to-this-someday pile (ha ha).

I am also still waiting on some ordered displays, some from baby, some from electronics. But with this new way of doing it, I finally got a car seat display I have been missing for a year despite ordering repeatedly on SAP. :eek:

The stickers will stick to the tag on the back of the curtain displays. I was skeptical myself, but none of ours have fallen off. And, sadly, the curtain displays are no longer an outside vendor as of the newest domestics transition.

Anyone do coffee yet? What info did u come up with for the keurig displays? There is no information in transition notes or early set notes. No display stickers :confused:

Anyone do coffee yet? What info did u come up with for the keurig displays? There is no information in transition notes or early set notes. No display stickers :confused:

I came up with nothing, had to fight hard and long to actually get the displays in, so they are staying so long as we sell that particular Keurig.

They don't like it? they can get their act together.

Keurig had some issues with the last set and eventually a RedWire came out telling stores to take from inventory to make displays and then process in a particular way so the store would get reimbursed for them. I cut the cords on almost $600 of Keurigs back in May/June. At the time I also created monarch labels for them using the new DPCIS from the POG so those are what I used this time too.

I am pissed they did not send stickers for floor lamps. That POG has been f*ed up for about a year at my store. Think I am going to toss everything currently in the aisle and start over with all the new ones. Also, no stickers for irons which also needs desperate help.

I came up with nothing, had to fight hard and long to actually get the displays in, so they are staying so long as we sell that particular Keurig.

They don't like it? they can get their act together.

I am using a similar approach to floorcare displays. :)

image.jpeg
So my ETL came up to me today. Told me I need to order them. They are going back up. ????? Anyone else?

Back