MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

For the whole store or just Market? The .com headers lasted less than a month before I was told to switch back to EMPL for market. Granted, this happened around the time that Target wanted single price point endcaps so I haven't had to use these much.

I haven't heard anything about them going back up other than in Market.

Since we were directed to toss them all out when they switched to the .Com headers I would think if they are switching back again they would send them again too.

Anyone know if there is such a thing as Cartwheel signing?
Yes and no. They send it in for what is on cartwheel. Weekly, in the ad prep stuff. Also, sometimes it's an endcap, one set in mini was cartwheel, so that was all over mini. But usually it's a short term take down thing. *that I know of.

So does anyone else have a problem with people not locating displays, backer paper and shippers in the backroom? This has been happening a lot lately and it took me a solid 20 minutes just to find one shipper

So does anyone else have a problem with people not locating displays, backer paper and shippers in the backroom? This has been happening a lot lately and it took me a solid 20 minutes just to find one shipper

Yup! Backer paper never gets located, it just goes into my designated signing area, but displays & shippers get dumped at the end of the line after coming off the truck. They sit there until I take it upon myself to clean up. I steal 2 flats (one for displays, one for shippers), label everything with set date & POG, then leave in the fixture room. I let Plano know what's on them. Been fighting for a designated space to locate shippers but haven't been successful yet.

Yup! Backer paper never gets located, it just goes into my designated signing area, but displays & shippers get dumped at the end of the line after coming off the truck. They sit there until I take it upon myself to clean up. I steal 2 flats (one for displays, one for shippers), label everything with set date & POG, then leave in the fixture room. I let Plano know what's on them. Been fighting for a designated space to locate shippers but haven't been successful yet.
We have a signing section in our backroom for displays and paper but nobody stores it properly :mad: as a result it's usually left on a flat in the backroom and sometimes it gets thrown away.

Keurig had some issues with the last set and eventually a RedWire came out telling stores to take from inventory to make displays and then process in a particular way so the store would get reimbursed for them. I cut the cords on almost $600 of Keurigs back in May/June. At the time I also created monarch labels for them using the new DPCIS from the POG so those are what I used this time too.

I am pissed they did not send stickers for floor lamps. That POG has been f*ed up for about a year at my store. Think I am going to toss everything currently in the aisle and start over with all the new ones. Also, no stickers for irons which also needs desperate help.

Getting my displays and shippers located has been a battle for as long as I can remember. I asked my new ETL-LOG if we could brainstorm a solution since 3 pallets of mixed displays is unreasonable to sort through. He huffed and sighed and said what is it you want done with them? I said I want them backstocked since that's the process that should be followed! I now have 4 pallets of displays! Guess that didn't work....

We have a signing section in our backroom for displays and paper but nobody stores it properly :mad: as a result it's usually left on a flat in the backroom and sometimes it gets thrown away.

I keep my signing area in the backroom really organized and go thru it once a week if time allows. Everyone knows not to touch my stuff and if they are not sure if it needs to be saved or tossed they wait for me to tell them. If not, they ALL hear me ranting and raving about people throwing things out that should have been kept.

Holy crap! Had 4 pallets of Gen3 pushers delivered today for the grocery rollout. They are putting pushers practically everywhere in Market!! Yogurt, frozen single serve meals, peanut butter/jelly, mayo/salad dressing, baking, pasta, nuts. There's more but can't remember specifics. Kind of excited for some of the new ones like in nuts and yogurt. The frozen ones look like they clip to the front of shelf which will be nice compared to the old ones that used to be in there.

Anyone else look that transition manual/rollout guide thing for this yet?

Holy crap! Had 4 pallets of Gen3 pushers delivered today for the grocery rollout. They are putting pushers practically everywhere in Market!! Yogurt, frozen single serve meals, peanut butter/jelly, mayo/salad dressing, baking, pasta, nuts. There's more but can't remember specifics. Kind of excited for some of the new ones like in nuts and yogurt. The frozen ones look like they clip to the front of shelf which will be nice compared to the old ones that used to be in there.

Anyone else look that transition manual/rollout guide thing for this yet?

I am guessing this will be BigEyedPhish's problem in 2017

I'd be happier with the gen 3 pusher rollout if there wasn't talk of making ME do the whole thing because there are no hours for anyone else.. It's basically like resetting all of market since you have to empty the shelves and all

I'd be happier with the gen 3 pusher rollout if there wasn't talk of making ME do the whole thing because there are no hours for anyone else.. It's basically like resetting all of market since you have to empty the shelves and all

So true! I think next week me and a Plano TM are scheduled under "Projects" and we think it is to put the pushers in. So between the 2 of us we got 75ish hours. If it's just us that isn't even close to what is needed to get it done.

Anyone know what the fixture number for the Gondola's used for Panty Bins is? I am Desperate.

That could be tricky as stores do not all have the same fixtures. My store is a P09 so our softlines fixtures are older versions than what newer stores have. I think all the fixtures for softines are made by the company Southern Imperial so maybe try searching under that in SAP in combination with "intimates convertible" or "intimates gondola."

That could be tricky as stores do not all have the same fixtures. My store is a P09 so our softlines fixtures are older versions than what newer stores have. I think all the fixtures for softines are made by the company Southern Imperial so maybe try searching under that in SAP in combination with "intimates convertible" or "intimates gondola."
Actually I think p09 are the newer fixtures.
Anyone know what the fixture number for the Gondola's used for Panty Bins is? I am Desperate.
Do you have a picture?

Bahahaha yep! I assume you are using shelves? And if you are doing the reinvention, the part number is in the transition notes for reinvention.

I have tried to find it, however I am unable to identify which is which as all I can find on the transition guide is numbers the only pictures regarding the transition are for Tables and mannaquins. When looking in SAP all I can find actual pictures for are other various Gondolas/Tables, pretty much everything except this. (I am Softline's dumb)

Back