MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

You know, I complain about my stores being mismanaged, and having issues with whatever, but goddamn, I feel lucky compared to you guys. WTF is going on at y'alls stores?

For my store, leadership seems to think it is better to use the salesplan hours to staff the sales floor for guests but not have them actually set any endcaps because other things come up during the day. My PTL is frustrated they took end caps away from Plano because they were at least getting them done and our metrics were green every week. We are lucky to hit yellow now.

Can't wait to see how this fucks up sales because we don't have all of the gifty stuff out yet. Or how badly Black Friday end caps will be mapped out, usually I take care of that but I am so busy with signing I'm not offering to help out this year. Feel like it's going to blow up in their face and they'll be surprised even though the rest of us can see it coming.

For my store, leadership seems to think it is better to use the salesplan hours to staff the sales floor for guests but not have them actually set any endcaps because other things come up during the day. My PTL is frustrated they took end caps away from Plano because they were at least getting them done and our metrics were green every week. We are lucky to hit yellow now.

Can't wait to see how this fucks up sales because we don't have all of the gifty stuff out yet. Or how badly Black Friday end caps will be mapped out, usually I take care of that but I am so busy with signing I'm not offering to help out this year. Feel like it's going to blow up in their face and they'll be surprised even though the rest of us can see it coming.
They could always just do it the way my store does it...they fake tie salesplanners that they can't get to and just leave them that way indefinitely. I untie them as I come across them so the product will at least stay in the backroom where we can find it for SFS orders. But pricing is gonna have a bad time in a few months...

They could always just do it the way my store does it...they fake tie salesplanners that they can't get to and just leave them that way indefinitely. I untie them as I come across them so the product will at least stay in the backroom where we can find it for SFS orders. But pricing is gonna have a bad time in a few months...

I don't think it has occurred to them to fake tie anything. And that would be a lot of product dropping into the auto pulls with nowhere to put it. I've done it before when we've been close to green but needed a couple more things tied to get there.

I don't think it has occurred to them to fake tie anything. And that would be a lot of product dropping into the auto pulls with nowhere to put it. I've done it before when we've been close to green but needed a couple more things tied to get there.
Yeah that's why I untie them if I find it while picking an SFS batch. If it drops into the autofills, who knows where it will end up...

I think a pog tm told me they get credit for it once it's been tied for 48 hours, then it's safe to untie it.

Yeah that's why I untie them if I find it while picking an SFS batch. If it drops into the autofills, who knows where it will end up...

I think a pog tm told me they get credit for it once it's been tied for 48 hours, then it's safe to untie it.

Close. It would have to remain tied until after the set week ended to count toward the metric. Once the new week starts, it is fine to untie. If you tied something on a Monday but didn't set it, it would still have to be tied on Saturday to count for that week. But could be safely untied the following Sunday.

Does anyone have an idea on how to make the shelves on the pj amplified gifting shipper not bend? They aren't even overpushed but they are already bowing foward and I can't figure out any good idea to fix them.

Does anyone have an idea on how to make the shelves on the pj amplified gifting shipper not bend? They aren't even overpushed but they are already bowing foward and I can't figure out any good idea to fix them.

I took a bunch of those thin Swim bars, dug in the notches in the end into the cardboard, then used a bunch of leftover Grey plastic bolts they gave us to stab through the holes. It works much better.

It's funny how they cut me down to 34 hours next week, yet I have overheads and black Friday to build. Ontop of that we have a visit this Thursday and the new team members have been skipping backer paper and signing on sales plans so I have like 100 of then to fix. FML

Like hell would I put up backerpacker after they already set it. That's the TLs problem if they didn't bother to train their team how to set endcaps.

It's funny how they cut me down to 34 hours next week, yet I have overheads and black Friday to build. Ontop of that we have a visit this Thursday and the new team members have been skipping backer paper and signing on sales plans so I have like 100 of then to fix. FML

Not your job, especially when you have so much to do, bring it up to their TL. Remind them they are given the hours for Signing Sales Plans, you are not.

Anyone seen their FOS (Power Aisle, FOS) etc. Overheads come in yet?

I asked my ETL if I could put them up, and they give me the "Well I don't see why not".. Answer. Which means I am going to run with it, and just not put up any parts that say "Merry Christmas". Also if anyone has seen any of the Week 11/26 Amplified Space Issues come in?

Anyone seen their FOS (Power Aisle, FOS) etc. Overheads come in yet?

I asked my ETL if I could put them up, and they give me the "Well I don't see why not".. Answer. Which means I am going to run with it, and just not put up any parts that say "Merry Christmas". Also if anyone has seen any of the Week 11/26 Amplified Space Issues come in?

No overheads yet, my STL told me I had to wait till the 26th to put them up anyway.

Like hell would I put up backerpacker after they already set it. That's the TLs problem if they didn't bother to train their team how to set endcaps.
Yup, I just shove them in the closet and send out emails when it gets too full.

Yep!

They sent us an extra shipper for BBBG (round red thing) for pajamas that isn't on POG for us and some INT Sleep Shipper (has Burt's Bees signage) also not on POG for us. Any idea what to do with these?
My softlines srtl was telling me we were supposed to have two INT Sleep Shippers, so I'll gladly take it if you don't need it. Also, my BBBG shipper is missing pieces, I'll take that as well.

I hope that is true. I need an endcap back that in the department adjacent to pets that is never full (even at 100 it fails in two weeks). I told them to tie it and put capacity as 1 so it doesnt pull anything but other tl decided to have them set it after I talked with him about keeping in set with my stuff (which I keep full all the time)
So we go to ETL who says if it never stays full its a waste of time setting it. I take that as its mine. He takes that since its 100 fill it.

If it only needs 48 hrs then I will break the tie saturday.

I hope that is true. I need an endcap back that in the department adjacent to pets that is never full (even at 100 it fails in two weeks). I told them to tie it and put capacity as 1 so it doesnt pull anything but other tl decided to have them set it after I talked with him about keeping in set with my stuff (which I keep full all the time)
So we go to ETL who says if it never stays full its a waste of time setting it. I take that as its mine. He takes that since its 100 fill it.

If it only needs 48 hrs then I will break the tie saturday.

48 hours is false. It must remain tied through 12am Sunday morning when the metric resets to count. If you tie it off on Sunday it must remain tied all week.

Mine came in too. I thought it was for the power aisle fos. So all the amplified gifting from the oct 26 set stays with the new amplified gifting?

I took a bunch of those thin Swim bars, dug in the notches in the end into the cardboard, then used a bunch of leftover Grey plastic bolts they gave us to stab through the holes. It works much better.
Meanwhile at my store, our VM who built the plush shipper for amplified gifting built it wrong and it collapsed on a guest...then they decided to just leave all of the giant stuffed animals in the middle of the aisle until I came in the next day and suggested we use some extra mannequin nesting tables we had lying around. :rolleyes:

Back