MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Still haven't received ANY of my amplified Gifting shippers, or overheads, and we are supposed to get 9 of them. Someone please shoot me

Still haven't received ANY of my amplified Gifting shippers, or overheads, and we are supposed to get 9 of them. Someone please shoot me
We got ours a few weeks ago through a 3rd party freight delivery. The pallet is almost as wide as the trailer.

Got mine today. It's massive. I'm not actually scheduled to build these next week, a softlines person is but damn that pallet was horrifying to see come in!

I am building them, and my store will want them done by Sunday.. Also, no overheads yet. This is getting rediculous

I am building them, and my store will want them done by Sunday.. Also, no overheads yet. This is getting rediculous

Depending how signing goes overnight Wednesday, I may try to build one Thursday morning. Haven't seen my overheads yet either....but I also haven't opened my Black Friday pallet yet. Had someone else build the dump bins today. A & A 2.0 remodel the last two weeks really screwed me over worse than I was to begin with.

Depending how signing goes overnight Wednesday, I may try to build one Thursday morning. Haven't seen my overheads yet either....but I also haven't opened my Black Friday pallet yet. Had someone else build the dump bins today. A & A 2.0 remodel the last two weeks really screwed me over worse than I was to begin with.
I'm pretty sure the backordered signing will still be trickling in years from now... freaking aa remodel

Actually the plush shipper came in prefilled and was a design flaw in general. That’s why merchandise update said to remerchandise the plush onto a convertible etc. So definitely not your VM’s fault. However someone should be reading red wire, merchandise update and whatever else and taking care of the issues as they are noted.
Our got killed by a blind guy who fell into it. It was sad. :eek::p:D

I'm pretty sure the backordered signing will still be trickling in years from now... freaking aa remodel

Great.....I'm already winging it on most of this signing as it is since they skipped giving me instructions for a lot of it. Had to build the Goodfellow "wall" just by using a one inch picture I could find on WB. Bunch of Art Class stuff showed up yesterday, still missing A.N.D. banners, and have the banners for C9 but not the spanner bars for them. And corporate came in, moved a bunch of stuff around and now signing I had up is missing and I don't know what they did with it. :mad:

Great.....I'm already winging it on most of this signing as it is since they skipped giving me instructions for a lot of it. Had to build the Goodfellow "wall" just by using a one inch picture I could find on WB. Bunch of Art Class stuff showed up yesterday, still missing A.N.D. banners, and have the banners for C9 but not the spanner bars for them. And corporate came in, moved a bunch of stuff around and now signing I had up is missing and I don't know what they did with it. :mad:
pink box on one of the ism pallets had your master packing slip. Highlight backordered stuff and keep it in s binder to reference every five minutes when they ask for the same thing (different level tl every time). All the 2.0 signing and kids basics and denim was backordered... like all the fancy stuff added with the remodel :mad:
They should be shipping all new and reissued signing in impacted areas. 80%chance they mean to send it all.

What space are you guys using to build? My store won't schedule me overnight and refuses to give me proper space for these massive shippers.. I took it upon myself to head out to the unused garden center.

What space are you guys using to build? My store won't schedule me overnight and refuses to give me proper space for these massive shippers.. I took it upon myself to head out to the unused garden center.
I
In the middle of an aisle before open. A cleared out chunk of carpet after we open.

They cancelled our overnight so no idea on this round.

mine arrived an hour after I left, Dear god, the wood pallet was ripped clear in half, back half of all the shippers dragging clearly on the ground. (Literally there was 4 feet of pallet, under what looks like 8 foot boxes.)

I
In the middle of an aisle before open. A cleared out chunk of carpet after we open.

They cancelled our overnight so no idea on this round.

They won't let me build on the floor when the store is open. They want it all done though.. Just with no space to build or store it until the 26th. The joy.

pink box on one of the ism pallets had your master packing slip. Highlight backordered stuff and keep it in s binder to reference every five minutes when they ask for the same thing (different level tl every time). All the 2.0 signing and kids basics and denim was backordered... like all the fancy stuff added with the remodel :mad:
They should be shipping all new and reissued signing in impacted areas. 80%chance they mean to send it all.

Went thru every ISM pallet, no master list, only a list of each kit they sent. And no surprise here, but there has been no fluid communication at all about what we have, or don't have but need. So now I have doubles of things I still can't hang because they didn't include the correct kind of cable. And Art Class I am pretty sure I am missing a couple pieces but can't tell because the lack of instructions. Every piece of signing I got was only sent because they noticed we didn't have it or it was a duplicate of something already up.

And don't even get me started on CSEs. So fucked up!

They won't let me build on the floor when the store is open. They want it all done though.. Just with no space to build or store it until the 26th. The joy.

I used one side of the fire aisle in the backroom. Didn't ask for permission, just did it. No one uttered a word....probably because of the daggers shooting out of my eyes.

Went thru every ISM pallet, no master list, only a list of each kit they sent. And no surprise here, but there has been no fluid communication at all about what we have, or don't have but need. So now I have doubles of things I still can't hang because they didn't include the correct kind of cable. And Art Class I am pretty sure I am missing a couple pieces but can't tell because the lack of instructions. Every piece of signing I got was only sent because they noticed we didn't have it or it was a duplicate of something already up.

And don't even get me started on CSEs. So fucked up!

So my master packing list had maybe 3 things listed as backordered, which I had actually received on the previous week’s pallet in an Archway carton and assumed someone had ordered them. I had no idea so much stuff was missing until people started asking for stuff like the brand headers. I didn’t find out everything was on backorder until the first shipment arrived with a packing slip that was 11 pages of backordered items. I still have no idea what we’re missing.

And CSEs came two months late and were duplicates of what we already had up, even though we were supposed to get the whole new set for fall. I ended up ordering them individually using the guide... in September. The first set of ones I ordered showed up on my pallet last week. o_O

And we’re supposedly having another remodel early next year. The big rumor my STL believes is that we’ll be moving softlines from the side of the store into the center, soooo I can’t really bring myself to waste time fixing this one.

So my master packing list had maybe 3 things listed as backordered, which I had actually received on the previous week’s pallet in an Archway carton and assumed someone had ordered them. I had no idea so much stuff was missing until people started asking for stuff like the brand headers. I didn’t find out everything was on backorder until the first shipment arrived with a packing slip that was 11 pages of backordered items. I still have no idea what we’re missing.

And CSEs came two months late and were duplicates of what we already had up, even though we were supposed to get the whole new set for fall. I ended up ordering them individually using the guide... in September. The first set of ones I ordered showed up on my pallet last week. o_O

And we’re supposedly having another remodel early next year. The big rumor my STL believes is that we’ll be moving softlines from the side of the store into the center, soooo I can’t really bring myself to waste time fixing this one.

I am not sure the people who noticed the missing signing understand they need to send all the components for it. I've gotten a couple backorder emails about things someone else ordered for the remodel but those were all telling me the items had shipped.

What I really wished I had was a remodel booklet to show me how these new signing elements work for an A&A 2.0 set up. Show me where to put them, how they assemble, what I am supposed to have. Or at the very least, have the signing clearly represented in the VMG so I can wander around lost less.

My CSEs came in two different sizes for the same area (but nothing matching) so I can't hang any of it.

My remodel etl threw out the cse they sent. And all the new holders and ones we took down. Because I didn't tell her (although I did) there was market stuff we'd been missing in one of the containers. So she sorted stuff for me and threw all the crap I needed out. I'm not tracking down alk the numbers and ordering it. Fuck that. I'll continue to speak to how I'm not even sure what's missing but I'm sure it wad out there, not that anyone asked me.

My remodel etl threw out the cse they sent. And all the new holders and ones we took down. Because I didn't tell her (although I did) there was market stuff we'd been missing in one of the containers. So she sorted stuff for me and threw all the crap I needed out. I'm not tracking down alk the numbers and ordering it. Fuck that. I'll continue to speak to how I'm not even sure what's missing but I'm sure it wad out there, not that anyone asked me.

I remember you mentioning CSE getting thrown out so when I heard we were getting a remodel I made sure I took down all my CSE and stored it with my stuff to keep track of it.

Back