1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by commiecorvus, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Tyrant

Tyrant Active Member

Yeah, there's so many boxes you might as well just build it all on the floor. Doesn't look like it'd be transportable after the fact.

2. BigEyedPhish

BigEyedPhish Well-Known Member

Agreed. However I would probably trade the 15 Pallets of Pushers I received today for it.

3. signingminion

signingminion WAVing in the air like I just don't care

It might be if you tape the seams closed. But yeah...started at noon...still here.

4. SigningLady

SigningLady Active Member

5. oath2order

oath2order Sexy Bond Girl

Wow, two of them are already here on this forum!

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  6. signingminion

There are three possible fixtures. Everybody gets two, twelve stores get a third. No passes for you... lol.

I've got the smaller fixture and a special project to handle tomorrow. Hoping to leave before lunch.

7. SigningLady

Nope, I get a pass on this one. I haven't received any boxes for it, no POG for it in our workload. And now that I've said it out loud, I am going to cross my fingers I haven't just jinxed myself!

8. signingminion

I'm betting city stores or weird format stores might not... otherwise I hate you. Lol.

9. Signkitty

Signkitty Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen signs with shoe sizes in them?

10. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

Are they like 9 feet tall with long boxes the length of the pallet?

11. BigEyedPhish

Yup :D

12. oath2order

Probably your cheese pushers if ya pfresh

13. BigEyedPhish

No, those aren't in yet, except 4 random boxes that came in with some of our regular pushers, and another that came in 8 months ago, that confused the shit out of me, and some other Signing guy was poorly missing (Along with like 20 of the Grates).

That said, I expect them Sunday.

14. SigningLady

Lol. Just a regular suburban pfresh over here. Sorry! You know if I had to build it too I'd be complaining just as much as the rest of you.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  15. gttarget

gttarget Member

Yeah it was very difficult to transport. It took flatbeds and three people to move it, which I had to do since the store was open and I couldn't take up the whole Accessories floorpad with guests shopping. All in all it took about ten hours including moving it. Although, I'm sure a veteran could've done it faster. A bunch of the plastic screws I got didn't seem to be threaded right. I don't have fingerprints anymore.

signingminion likes this.
  16. oath2order

You have two signing people?

17. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

Oops...We got just one pallet of those today and we didn't know what they were for and nobody else seemed to know.

So since nobody would own up to ordering them, the bulk backroom TM put them up in the steel in the fixture room.

He's in for a surprise if we get 14 more pallets tomorrow...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    signingminion likes this.
  18. BigEyedPhish

My Pallets have annoyingly been trickling in, (up to 4) so we are setting our revisions by whatever the fuck fixtures show up that morning which... with how big Market POG's are quite fucking annoying... so we are setting our revisions by whatever the fuck fixtures show up that morning which... with how big Market POG's are quite fucking annoying.

19. BigEyedPhish

No. just was pondering the thought of one us missing ~30 of those Cheese Grate's for the pushers about 8 months ago (literally 8 months ago), when some mysteriously showed up on one of my signing Pallets.

20. Tyrant

Tyrant Active Member

Oh yeah just putting the table and freestanding fixture sucked. I think we spent a total of 8 hours putting it together, and the projected time was 4 so that's just way off. Those big white viking screws don't secure very well, hoping they don't go anywhere since it's all supposed to last through Father's Day? Yikes.

The overhead ribbon is complicated but once you figure out how to put it together it'll go by faster. I think I would have just built the two halves, hung those separately and then joined them in the air with the wave looking back on it. It's kind of heavy and difficult to maneuver if you build the entire thing before hanging. There is a LOT of tension on those hanging cables because of swoop they want the ribbons to have.