MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

We have a ton of clearance in Home Decor, Sporting Goods, Furniture, Kitchen and Domestics. :confused:

Makes it difficult to set new aisles when the old Pogs/aisles are still full of clearance.

We put the clearance furniture on a pallet. It's in the middle of the home inno flat. My guess is we'll be moving it around as needed.

Furniture was built yesterday, and put up today. I'm throwing it on sweep tomorrow if we have one. If not, then I'm going take the PMT on his offer of "here's a sledgehammer and eye protection".

Anyone look over the Q4 planning guide yet? Amplified gifting will not be shippers this year- they're going to send 7 to 12 pallets of fixturing to stores for it. Similar to (or maybe the same as) movable walls but on wheels. And a few other assorted fixtures. All of which will be used after the holidays for flex space, some pogs. Oh, and there will way more of them than last year AND way more product to go on them. Holy Hell, and I already thought November was my roughest signing/plano month!

amplified gifting was a hot mess because the weight of some of the products broke the shippers.... we had soap and fragrances and shit leaking into the carpet in softlines

but as a concept I think it's cool and it will drive sales during the holiday season

Anyone look over the Q4 planning guide yet? Amplified gifting will not be shippers this year- they're going to send 7 to 12 pallets of fixturing to stores for it. Similar to (or maybe the same as) movable walls but on wheels. And a few other assorted fixtures. All of which will be used after the holidays for flex space, some pogs. Oh, and there will way more of them than last year AND way more product to go on them. Holy Hell, and I already thought November was my roughest signing/plano month!

Do we have to build the crap? Where can I find the guide? Is it scaled down for NextGen stores? NextGens are kind of pressed for sales floor space.

Only detail I am aware of is the use of movable walls and the 2 set dates, Nov 11 and Nov 25. Guide was on the right side of the screen when you sign onto workbench.

Do we have to build the crap? Where can I find the guide? Is it scaled down for NextGen stores? NextGens are kind of pressed for sales floor space.

PMT will build the fixtures as they are metal but Plano will likely set. Looks like they will fit into the main aisles better than last year's giant cardboard monstrosities. The guide breaks down which type of stores get how many fixtures. Some stores will get them delivered and need to keep them in a corporate provided pod, others will have them delivered in a pre-filled trailer until the set dates. *If I am remembering all of this right, I went thru it very quickly this morning.*

Only detail I am aware of is the use of movable walls and the 2 set dates, Nov 11 and Nov 25. Guide was on the right side of the screen when you sign onto workbench.

I don't think they are movable walls. The pics in the guide looked more like the bookcases from the home decor flat, but on wheels. And there also was something that looked similar to a convertible, and maybe one other fixture or bin.

PMT will build the fixtures as they are metal but Plano will likely set. Looks like they will fit into the main aisles better than last year's giant cardboard monstrosities. The guide breaks down which type of stores get how many fixtures. Some stores will get them delivered and need to keep them in a corporate provided pod, others will have them delivered in a pre-filled trailer until the set dates. *If I am remembering all of this right, I went thru it very quickly this morning.*

I don't think they are movable walls. The pics in the guide looked more like the bookcases from the home decor flat, but on wheels. And there also was something that looked similar to a convertible, and maybe one other fixture or bin.

Does it specifically say "PMT will build the fixtures"? Because if so, then I know what I'll be doing so he owes me favors hahahaha.

STL found out my store is getting a trailer so I'm assuming it means that we're getting pre-filled. Thank fucking god.

Bookcases looked easier and quicker to build than walls.

Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought. But corporate needs to pick a strategy for things and stick with it. You can't have bookcases and 50000 vendor shippers floating around AND do pallet space.

POD has been delivered.....now if we could get a storage trailer to start housing my BF crap that is already coming in.....

All fixtures permanent and mobile. After Christmas, they'll be used for brand launches, seasonal sets, and on POGs throughout the store.

Most items are pre-ticketed.

FX count this year doubles, but they're smaller.

Chains get 24 - 37 fixtures, NextGen gets 16 - 24 due to also utilizing the existing Gift 'n' Go, Trend Spot, and node spaces. Certain small formats get 6. Split set dates of November 11 and 25th.

They come in Tower/Bookcase, cart, workhorse, t-frame, bins, cubes.

The "AG Captain" works with PMT to build. PMT gets a work order for this.

Presentation team owns the set, can partner with Style team.

October 22 is when pre-ties start.

Found on Reddit, NextGen stationary corner

hvfrmygohnn11.jpg

Found on Reddit, NextGen stationary corner

hvfrmygohnn11.jpg

It's missing the super cool 3D Crayons ISM on that back wall. The Next Gen store near me also has a focal table at the front. Love all the shorter gondolas, really makes the area looked pulled together instead of long, tall runs where you can't get a good overview of what all is there.

It's missing the super cool 3D Crayons ISM on that back wall. The Next Gen store near me also has a focal table at the front. Love all the shorter gondolas, really makes the area looked pulled together instead of long, tall runs where you can't get a good overview of what all is there.

SSSSSHHHH THEY'RE NOT DONE.

They also never said there wouldn't be temporary Fixtures.

For those of you who have the Fabric Wall CSE...How are you putting them up when the frame is right above the shelves that are high capacity 32 x 48? Does PMT help? I had to ask someone with longer arms than me to help. Even with me on the wave, my arms did not have the reach! :oops:

They also never said there wouldn't be temporary Fixtures.

Point taken. I did see the grocery nut one that is supposed to be built every year and that looks the same as ever. I've either tossed it out without building it or repurposed it for cosmetic giftsets; we never get enough product to fill it AND mini.

For those of you who have the Fabric Wall CSE...How are you putting them up when the frame is right above the shelves that are high capacity 32 x 48? Does PMT help? I had to ask someone with longer arms than me to help. Even with me on the wave, my arms did not have the reach! :oops:

I have this issue with one of the seasonal ones. I have to take the PMT's lift and do it. I hate using it. It's terrifying.

Back